Best work out for beginners?

2»

Replies

• mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    I agree that the Leslie Sassone walk at home videos are a good start if you are out of shape. I have been walking and jogging for a couple of years and I am doing the 30 day shred now. I think the 30 day shred is difficult. But I am 40 years old too, so I am sure my age and the fact that I have led a mostly sedentery life has something to do with it.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    I've done my fair share of walking, running on treadmills and other things. But, it's been a while and I'm looking for something to do at home that isn't going to knock me off my feet and leave me hating it right from the start. I have heard that the insanity program is very hard. I thought about the p90x, but is that something that I'm rushing in to also? I haven't worked out for awhile and I've gained about 40 pounds which leaves me with a total of almost 50 pounds to loose... I stopped smoking back in October and the weight gain was super fast! I was starting to gain a little before this but it's like it went into over drive when I stopped smoking. What are the recommendations for a very beginner??

Anything by Jillian Michaels. She seems hard at first, but I've learned to love and even look forward to doing it on my off days!! I also have the 10mins solution Pilates DVD for beginners. Good luck!