Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    1900 a day here!! I meet my macro's ans do bodyweight strength training... Works for me so far
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,751 Member
    sarahkw04 wrote: »
    Loving this thread! I'm slowing upping my calories and it helps my psyche to read these posts. I've been stalled between 162-165 FOREVER, but I was stupidly netting less than 1,000 calories at least a couple of times a week while powerlifting 4x a week and teaching barre/taking barre daily. I'm seeing huge improvements in my lifts already - crazy! My deadlift jumped another 10lbs this week over last week and holy box jumps!

Amazing what a well feed body can do isn't it?
  • sarahkw04
    sarahkw04 Posts: 87 Member
    sarahkw04 wrote: »
    Loving this thread! I'm slowing upping my calories and it helps my psyche to read these posts. I've been stalled between 162-165 FOREVER, but I was stupidly netting less than 1,000 calories at least a couple of times a week while powerlifting 4x a week and teaching barre/taking barre daily. I'm seeing huge improvements in my lifts already - crazy! My deadlift jumped another 10lbs this week over last week and holy box jumps!

Amazing what a well feed body can do isn't it?

It really is! I still struggle with the numbers game - like right now, I'm at net 792 calories for the day, including what I plan to eat for dinner, so despite the fact that I've eaten 1900 calories, I HAVE to eat more... that just seems like SO MUCH FOOD after working so hard to lose 100lbs. It's really re-training the mind
  • rissaroo689
    rissaroo689 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm so happy to see this thread. I've been eating around 1400 on days I don't work out and 1700 on days I do. It's gone well for me as over the last 8 months I've lost about 85 pounds. I am now about 25-30 lbs from goal and lately I've noticed my hair shedding way more than usual and my nails breaking easily too. I believe those calories are now too low for my activity level. Which is high, 6 days a week of exercise. Going to bump it up to about 1800-2000 daily even if I'm not working out. Thanks!!

5'10"
    28 yrs
    Sw 275
    Cw 187
    Gw 160
  • Athena_fit
    Athena_fit Posts: 55 Member
    Great thread, very motivational. I just set my calories to 1800, with a 30% carbs, 35 % fat and protein. I use to aim for 1400 but havent had much success.

I'm 5'8, 202 as of today. My first goal is to reach 180 and not to yo-yo ever again. Hopefully i will have energy to achieve more intense training with this eating!

If you create a group, I'm definitely in.

Please feel free to add me, I need all the support I can. Most of my mfp contacts are starving them selves !
  • lisah180
    lisah180 Posts: 69 Member
    I've set my goal to lose 1/2 pd a week which gives me around 2000 calories. I would rather have the flexibility to eat more if I need to and lose the weight slowly. I'm in this for the long haul and have about 50-60 pounds to lose. I would join a group if one was created.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    edited September 2016
    sbl1881 wrote: »
    Does anybody think we should start a group for this? There was a group at one time for women eating more than 2,000 calories, but it doesn't look like there's been a lot of activity there. If there's interest, I can start it, but I would need at least 10 others to say they wanted to participate in it.

I'd be interested in a new group, or we could revive that old group, yes?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,751 Member
    It is easy to find this thread on the message board if you become a group, it will be harder for new members to locate you. Many like me like to check in irregularly to remember to eat enough o:)
    It is easier to start a new group than revive an older one. If the original owner of a group is no longer around it is a big hassle to get MFP staff to allow you to get editing rights etc. so you post stickies etc. which is the advantage of groups.

Having said all that, I would join just so I could check in from time to time.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Yes, I'm also done starving myself. I eat 1800 - 2000 calories per day and work out five days per week. The loss is slow at this point, but I'm trusting the body recomposition process. My muscles look great, so IMO it's definitely working. :)
  • prettypeach790
    prettypeach790 Posts: 27 Member
    what are some of your workout routines with the 1800+ calorie intake?

Weight amount/time spent/reps/days a week, etc.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

I run six days a week, runs lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to over three hours (currently training for a marathon). I do body weight resistance training 3 days a week. I stationary bike once a week for 6 miles or so. In addition to my exercise routine, I walk to and from work whenever the weather permits (2 miles each way) and walk about half a hour each day during my lunch break.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member

I don't have a set routine but I practice yoga, swim, hike, and garden.

I hurt my shoulder so am taking a break from weight lifting. (Haven't figured out a lower body routine that will work with my bad knees.)
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    edited September 2016
    I am just starting to increase my calories. Currently set at 1750 and plan to increase again soon. I don't eat exercise calories back.

I do Stronglifts 5x5 3 times per week (generally about 35 minutes) and run 2-3 miles 3 times per week.
  • svincent21
    svincent21 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi everyone! I've lost a total of 60 pounds so far.
    CW 192
    GW 165 then reasses

I'm 5'8" tall.

I eat about 1800-2500 calories a day. I do SL 5x5 3 times a week for 30-45 minutes. I do cycle class once- 2x's a week, a bootcamp class Saturday mornings and a 1.5 hour dancing class called Mixxedfit on Sunday mornings. I like to take different cardio classes and keep my 5X5 lifting program as it was made to be done. Sometimes I'll do kickboxing or whatever. The classes keep my motivated. I also walk my dogs twice a day for 20-30 minutes and that's a lovely resistance workout if they see a rabbit.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Check out the IIFYM Women group on facebook as well!! Lots use MFP and I use their superb flexible dieting skills/recipes/motivation all the time!!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member

I do Insanity Max 30 5-6 days a week plus aim for a minimum of 8k steps a day. On my days off I like to hike and look for challenging trails with steep inclines.
  • sarahkw04
    sarahkw04 Posts: 87 Member

Upper Body (power lifting) 2x a week
    Lower Body (power lifting) 2x a week
    Take Barre - 3x a week/minimum
    Teach Barre - 3x a week/minimum
    1 hr of conditioning (athletic work) on Saturdays