Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,751 Member
    Bump up time.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Just dropping in to seethe with envy
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,751 Member
    Time for a bump up.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Thanks for the bump - I was thinking about this thread earlier today!
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    I love this thread!!!
  • _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    Here's my update... 5'11, hit GW in April 2016 of 145 lbs (yes, lean).

Rough time trying to find maintenance and working out 5 days a week - no real fitness goals or plan. 2 to 3x strength training and cardio - running mostly.

One year later, I am 155, but definitely have recomped and am pleased with new shape and happy with fitness level and performance.

I've also become an avid spinner, and am maintaining on 2750 calories a day. But, as summer approaches, I would like to shed 3 to 5 pounds (150). It is harder than I expected to shave 500 calories a day at my current level of activity (for those curious, I avg 800-900 Fitbit minutes & ~20,000 calories burned / week).

Current eating --> plan:

1550 NET --> aiming to drop this to 1350 NET
    2650 total calories --> aiming to keep this to 2300
  • Lluviarosa
    Lluviarosa Posts: 2 Member
    I love that this group exists! I am 5 foot two and started using my fitness pal again in December 2016 after a year of being abroad (were actually lost weight - thanks to all the walking) and proceeded to gain 15 lbs in the six months I was back (eating all the food). I struggled to keep up with calories and workouts. At 1600 cal / day, I had little energy and unmotivated to keep that diet. By Jan, I'd lost minimal weight and was sitting at 166 lbs. I've since worked my was to 2000-2200 cal diet and upped protein. 152.9 this morning!!! I have a ton more energy and can actually eat out then and again.
  • essexgirl1971
    essexgirl1971 Posts: 28 Member
    when i first started fitness pal set my calorie goal at 1200, i did lose weight but started to feel hungry the fitter i became. i did some research and it suggested i should eat nearer 1470 per day. since then i felt less hungry and the weight loss has kick started again. sometimes days i eat as much as 1700.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    I'm 5'1", maintaining since February this year at about 105 lbs, and eat about 1800/day on average. I'm a distance runner though, and run a fuckton daily, and lift a bit 3 days a week. I love how much I get to eat!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    6x0bydjzqkno.jpg

I was pretty much on a 1200 calorie diet from when I started my weight loss journey in 2014 until October 2016. I increased my calories to 1800 in January and then to 2000 until last month when I started doing a mini cut to get into the 132 lb. weight class for a powerlifting meet.

Wow you look so strong!!! Amazing!!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    I eat anywhere from 1650 to 1850 per day. I've lost twenty two pounds thus far. I'm 5'10".

I also enjoy interactive friends, if anyone would like to be such. I have around 45 lbs left to lose.
  • maurihart
    maurihart Posts: 51 Member
    I normally eat 1700-1900 calories on days I work out. If I don't work out, I try to not go over 1600 but I also look at my deficit from a weekly standpoint.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I eat 1850 to 2500 calories a day. I want to eat as much as possible and still lose. Cause food. Also retain this post pregnancy bulk with muscles.
  • jenniferdee1974
    jenniferdee1974 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 5'6", 122 lbs 42 years old female. Maintenance for me is 2700-2800/day & if I want to lose I drop it to 2200-2300 4 days a week. I run or do eliptical 5-6 days a week 45 minutes & lift weights 3 days a week upper body for 30 minutes & 2 days a week lower body for 20 minutes. I don't sit still well & usually ride my bike & get a lot of steps in outside of my normal workout too (:
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    6x0bydjzqkno.jpg

I was pretty much on a 1200 calorie diet from when I started my weight loss journey in 2014 until October 2016. I increased my calories to 1800 in January and then to 2000 until last month when I started doing a mini cut to get into the 132 lb. weight class for a powerlifting meet.

Wow you look so strong!!! Amazing!!

Thank you!
  • Ponyta98
    Ponyta98 Posts: 2 Member
    First post here, this thread is inspiring! I am 5'2, 90# (very petite / small-boned, body fat @ 17%), 58yo female and I maintain at about 1750-1850. I eat very healthy, <35g total sugars, about 130g carbs from whole grains and veggies, lots of fat and 80-100g protein). I had to get to a low weight due to sciatica pain resulting from degenerative disk disease right above my tail bone. I'm still a healthy weight for my build though, and no more sciatica or back pain of any kind!

I am on my feet all day, living on acreage and all that goes with the upkeep, walking about 4-5 miles a day (I walk everywhere, like to the grocery store, etc). Lift 3 days a week to maintain muscle, do stretches and use a small twist-stepper to keep my legs and butt strong when I can't get enough natural exercise in.

I think I could bump my cals higher, and do so in the summer when I add fruit to my diet. Otherwise I eat seasonal, which this time of year is mostly protein, fats, locally harvested grains, lots of root veggies & squash.