How often do you weigh yourself?

2»

Replies

• What people got to remember is, you could pack on pounds from downing a few cups of water!

a pound is 3500 calories, over a week one must burn this much/balance this with diet to lose the pound.
  • I only weigh myself about once a month, but that's because I can't get my hands on a scale (i.e. afford one). I use my sister's when I go over her house. In fact, I'm going over there this weekend! I do have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, I'll get weighed there. Last time I went to the doctors 3-4 weeks ago, I was 129lbs. : P
  • Every single day..sometimes twice a day. May sound crazy but it works for me because I know what works and what doesn't. So far so good!
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    I weigh myself every morning. It is almost an obsession for me. I have to be very vigilant about my weight, I am super concerned about every pound I gain. It's probably not the healthiest way to be but I think it would drive me crazier not to know if I have gained or lost.

Good i see that I'm not the only one.. I can get crazy with it.. i have my last meal before 7pm and i weigh myself BEFORE i go to bed and then in the morning.. It keeps me focused,, if i gain weight or if i am not losing any weight i push myself that much harder the next day
    I should have given that up for LENT
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    I weigh myself every day, but this is totally a PERSONAL preference. It depends on what is motivating for you, and what works for you might not work for the next person.
    Weighing every day helped me lose and keep off about 60 pounds for the last five years.
    Kaye
  • 3 times a day.
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    I try to only do it once a week. When I would do it daily, there was too much fluctuation and it would discourage me.
  • Every day but I do NOT record every day.. I will be doing once every Sunday on MFP. I think weighing yourself everyday is more to see the variation, but actually recording it once a day makes me feel as is the numbers aren't dropping fast enough... I also want to do measurements every two weeks. I need the "bigger number" motivation overall to keep me going.
  • msracefan
    msracefan Posts: 55 Member
    I weigh myself once a week, on Monday morning...if I weighed myself everyday, I'd be so discouraged by the fluctuations I'd give up!