What to put in my coffee.....

Replies

• ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Liquid sugar free coffee mate creamer.. It's got about 15 calories, but it is sweet by itself (despite what my mom thinks. Ha!)
  • no sugar, thats what I did! I went from a double-double, to a no sugar, 1 milk!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Monin Sugar-free syrups. They have tons of flavors
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    You might just have to try everything to find what you like. A lot of people say Splenda doesn't leave an aftertaste for them, but it does for me...go figure. I used to use Sweat Leaf. It didn't leave an aftertaste for me, but it may be harder to find (I had to get it at Wegmans). As others have told you-cut back on the sugar and you will get used to it...
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    I heat up almond milk (I'm allergic to milk) and then add a scoop of cheap instant coffee, a scoop of cocoa powder, and a bit of stevia. Use a whisk to make it all frothy/foamy and you have heaven in a cup.
    303708_10150367455573833_637923832_9922003_1178958_n.jpg

This sounds yummy!!!
  • FitnessKing8
    FitnessKing8 Posts: 15 Member
    "Sweat and Low"
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    I love my coffee straight black, and it has to be very hot. I love the taste!

But my sister uses truvia and I have tried it, it is different from other stevia's I have tried...but a little goes a longgg way.

As for adding protein powder, yes it will add calories...but you could make it a breakfast or at least some of your breakfast because it would definitely somewhat fill you!
  • emc1976
    emc1976 Posts: 15
    i like this idea....
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    if you make it at home try a hazelnnut flavored coffe. I also found some coffe falvorin liquid form that has zero calories. Its called cafe al fresco. it comes in vanilla and hazelnut. It does have 24g of sodium.

mo:smile:

I found cafe al fresco syrups at Dollar Tree and love the hazelnut flavor! I'd highly recommend a flavor syrup as substitute for sugar. :)
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    i like vanilla flavoured soy milk in mine, you don't need sugar with it.
  • reynolds33
    reynolds33 Posts: 23 Member
    drink it with no sugar , it may take a few days but you will get use to the taste

I agree but it may take a few weeks. I like stevia in cold drinks but not hot drinks. I have read that research suggests artificial sweetners effect blood sugar so they can raise your appetite.
  • I like Splenda
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    I like splenda, doesn't leave an after taste. Since I don't drink much coffee. maybe 4 ounces in the am but I count it as 6 anyway. I use regular sugar because I don't use much. Just enough to sweeten it and get my day started. I'm not a really big coffee drinker. I'm off and on with it! Right now, I'm on with it because for some reason, it suppresses my apetite!

Splenda is 2 molecule from DDT which is posion. Stop Using it.
  • reynolds33
    reynolds33 Posts: 23 Member
    I heat up almond milk (I'm allergic to milk) and then add a scoop of cheap instant coffee, a scoop of cocoa powder, and a bit of stevia. Use a whisk to make it all frothy/foamy and you have heaven in a cup.
    303708_10150367455573833_637923832_9922003_1178958_n.jpg

This sounds yummy!!!

I have had this too without the cocoa powder but it is not calorie free as the almond milk adds calories. I also noticed the prepared almond milk has a lot of additives. I make my own with just raw almonds and water in a vitamix blender. It is also good served very cold on cereal.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Truvia...it's awesome
  • lroxey
    lroxey Posts: 32 Member
    Stevia is the one that they consider a healthy alt. trivia, or stevia in the raw. it has no after taste no cal. I used to use splenda but switched like it much better
  • weavn13
    weavn13 Posts: 1
    i use sun crystals. they're 5 calories a packet but make it sweet just like sugar. i think they have stevia in them but they don't leave the weird after taste that straight stevia does.
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    I use a little half n half, no sugar. Stevia in the raw is a really good sweetener.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    sugar free torani flavored syrup. When I make my lattes I use the caramel one. mmmmm <3
  • RBRoy
    RBRoy Posts: 31 Member
    I drink coffee with fat free nondairy creamer and truvia. love it and literally look forward to my coffee each morning! :)