What to put in my coffee.....

123457»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    drink it with no sugar , it may take a few days but you will get use to the taste

I agree but it may take a few weeks. I like stevia in cold drinks but not hot drinks. I have read that research suggests artificial sweetners effect blood sugar so they can raise your appetite.

Yes they send the same signals to the brain as sugar. Why treat the symptom. Retrain the taste buds and the brain. It is a losing proposition to replicate what is unhealthy becuase it makes it easier for us to accept it. Learn healthier habits.
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    drink it with no sugar , it may take a few days but you will get use to the taste

This is what I did. It really only takes a few days to get use to it. I do put almond milk in mine still.

I also use almond Milk and a splash of vanilla extract or almond extract...does the trik...
    or you can go here for a full sweetner recapie http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-coffee-creamer/
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Didn't think about the almond milk...I will have to try that. I don't want to use artificial sweetners so I just use my vanilla creamer, but takes a lot of calories up out of my day.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

This is what I did. It really only takes a few days to get use to it. I do put almond milk in mine still.
  • MNHoliday
    MNHoliday Posts: 20
    Drink it with butter :)

Or coconut oil.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    I use the coffeemate bliss(It is not dairy free) but the sugar is already infused in the cream it comes in 3 types that I know of sweet cream, Vanilla & Carmel. It is just sweet enough & 35 cals for a tablespoon whichI think is perfect in a 10 oz cup of coffee
  • adonnelly13
    adonnelly13 Posts: 24 Member
    i use splenda, about a half packet. But, if i use on eof the fat free flavored creamers, I can do without any sugar. I also drink tea more often with a little bit (less than a teaspoon) of honey!