Disney World vs. Disney Land

124»

Replies

• lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Even for Christmas, Toy Story has never been a part of Pirates. They closed it for maintenance, but it is exactly the same as it ever was since the Captain Jack Sparrow overhaul.

I go almost every weekend.

Oh no, I wasn't saying Toy Story was part of it. I meant the maintenance was probably seasonal. I heard that Disney likes to fix their rides in winter when there are not as many people in attendance.
    most repairs are done from jan-march sometimes into april
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    We're going to D'land in a couple of weeks. We've been to D'world two or three times. We're from California so it was a big "trip."

I love Disney. Period. We went to Disneyland Paris last year. That was a funny experience...for those of you who are Disney fans, imagine Disney "cast members" with that famous French attitude.

I'm sad to read the Matterhorn is closed...that is one of the benefits of D'land as that ride is no where else. Also, Space Mountain is best in D'land...no contest.

I love the Rockin' Roller Coaster in FL, not in Paris as much. The Everest ride in FL is one of the best roller coaster's I've ever been on.

California Screamin' in CA Adventure is really really fun. And Soaring over CA only makes sense in CA. It loses some of its magic in FL.

My kids will be happy that Small World is closed...I always forced them to go on it with me.

The problem I always had with D'World is that they spread all the BIG rides out over all of the parks. So the smaller parks only have a couple of BIG rides and lots of smaller attractions. Since there are only two parks close together in CA, you are not stuck (as long as you have a Park Hopper).
  • Disneyworld is the best place in the universe. I went over the winter holidays and it was spectacular. We did Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Epcot. Epcot is great for food and learning. Animal Kingdom was a very close second favorite and Magic Kingdom, well, I'd move in if i could. It's perfect.

Park Hoppers are great. I went to just Magic Kingdom for one night (the night we got to Orlando, we went to Disney at 6 pm and stayed until about 12:30 am.) and then Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom again all in one day the next day on a park hopper. A great thing about Florida is, even though it's hot, there are great water parks and you can go to Universal (or Sea World, but Universal's Islands of Adventure was my favorite) if you'd like.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Never been to either. When we were kids, my mom would always say that it cost $100 dollars to go there and we couldn't afford it and for the longest time I thought that was so much money. By the time I realized it wasn't I didn't care anymore.

However I would go to whatever one has the Twilight Zone ride. I would eat that up like no one's business!
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    and things that are not to far away there is also Knott's Soak City, if you want to visit a water park. but all in all if your only going to spend 3 days, Disneyland Resort only has two parks to visit and you can spend one day in each park. there are plenty of hotel, motel and things in the area, other then having to stay at a Disney one.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Oh and the Queen Mary is not too far away. They have the BEST Sunday Brunch. It is kind of pricey but so worth it. You can also go to Univeral Studios, too. :)
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    If the travel isn't an issue but you're going for 3 days, I'd recommend Disneyland. I live near Disney World now but lived in California most of my life, and the big difference for July is the weather. The heat and humidity in Florida in July can be brutal and detract from a short stay vacation. There is a lot to see and do at Disney World and it's great, but trying to pack it in 3 days in the heat can be rough. Disneyland I think is perfect for 3 days and as a first time for your child would be great. It has all the right stuff. Save Disney World for a later and longer trip.