Like Minded Lushes - March 2012

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    fingers crossed robin!

you all were quite lushy while I was sick..and now that I'm drinking again I see lots of zeros!!

Back to a glass or 2 of wine/night. Also back to exercising. It feels great.
    I'm thinking it may be vodka tonite since I have thursday off. :drinker:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Had to put my kitty down yesterday :cry: :brokenheart: , half of bottle of wine with dinner.

That is definitely NOT a pleasant experience. I have had to put two down. I recently went to our Humane Society and adoped a sweet kitty that was left behind due to a divorce, not sure how that happens. But he is adorable and happy to be out of a cage!!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

It will be another 0 again for today/tonight. Not sure what's going on with my head but it feels achy and stuffy though my nose is not. Haven't eaten much at all today so I'm putting the work out on hold because I know it's not good to stress my body further by working out when I'm not only not feeling well but don't have any fuel in me. If I didn't have the engagement party Saturday I would probably push myself and work out but I'm flushing myself out with lots of fluids and hoping to be fine come Saturday. Thinking about a 0 for Friday and if I'm feeling like this still then it'll be a definite 0 but we shall see.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Robin - best of luck on the job!!

Wolf - so sorry about the kittie!! I've been there - it's not fun!!

I'm drinking champagne tonight in celebration of my new job!! I'm soooooo excited!! I earned my accounting degree a couple of years ago and will FINALLY be putting it to use!! Probably drinking champagne tomorrow night too!! Lol :drinker: :drinker: <
    lots of champagne!! :tongue:
  • SoCalWoman
    congrats on the new job!!! WOOHOO!
    (I'm one of those accounting types too :wink: )
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    SoCal, when I was sick everyone seemed lushier too...

Wolf, sounds yummy

Kat, hope you feel better

Herbie, congrats on your kitty mommyhood

Amcanzo, congrats on the new job...enjoy the champagne

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0

Thursday,0, not so much...swing and drinks, (dance, that is)...probably some vodka/sodas & apps

I had a good weigh-in today, down over 4 lbs.
  • SoCalWoman
    You're probably right..when you're sick and not drinking eveyone seems like a lush.
    Well done on your loss!!!

I'm a little drunk.:drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-10oz
    Thursday-already got 10oz logged, we'll see how it goes!!
    Its almost friday, woohoo!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    Holding steady with a couple of vodka rocks each night. sitting on pins and needles to find out about the job.

Amcanzo - congrats!!!

Everyone has done a really good job this week. I am anticipating some serious lushing this weekend because you have all been so well behaved.

Kim have fun swinging tonight.
  • kblue2007

Everyone has done a really good job this week. I am anticipating some serious lushing this weekend because you have all been so well behaved.

You got that right Robin! My sister in law and I are heading down to S. Philly saturday to see a girlfriend, it could get ugly, haha!!! Usually my husband is there to shut it down when we are together but not this time...pretty sure it'll be impossible to track!!! :laugh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Hello fellow lushes....back from vacation and I think we set records for the amount of booze consumed this week. The day usually started with a few mimosas or bloody marys, then went on to some sort of cocktail (vodka and water or tangueray and soda), then champagne in the afternoon before dinner and then wine with dinner and then margaritas, martinis or white russians after dinner!

Needless to say the scale went up about 10 lbs, already back day 5 lbs after one day, so I am assuming its mostly water weight because I actually ate pretty good and got in a lot of good walks on the beach.

Back to no drinking during the week and really keeping it under control on the weekends. Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Wednesday=2 beers, a fat tire and a miller lite.
  • nisijam5
    Robin, more good vibes being sent your way
    Chloe, wb, sounds like you had a lushy good time...way to rock the bar
    Kate, I want to go with you...sounds like fun...I'll behave, I promise!!
    Amy, I like fat tire as well...not so much for miller lite unless I am at a ball game - or - racetrack on a hot day. Already thinking of our summer things

Tonight will be lushy...dancing makes me thirsty and bars make me drink...nice combo, I'd say
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Ended up having a few beers last night. Actually made me feel a tiny bit better and I slept great. Head feels a little less foggy today. Getting in lots of fluids again but still not much of an appetite, laying low again today and just relaxing, hoping to really kick this before Saturday.

As for booze tonight who knows, alcohol kills germs right? :wink: Then again who knows if it's germs or sinus'
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Okay, haven't made it a night yest this week without drinking - except Sunday - and it's THIRSTY THURSDAY - ugh! Back to getting in the ZUMBA groove to work off all the margaritas this week!

:laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    I've had something to drink pretty much everyday this week ....

maybe tonight will be 0
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    All most all hell has broken loose here. But watching the calories. sigh
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Thu - a pitcher of Bud Select.
  • kblue2007
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-10oz of wine
    Thursday-1/2 Terrapin Hopzilla (YUM) and 10oz of wine
    Friday-well definitely drinking tonight. My Babe is away for the weekend and I am leaving work early to "work" from home....think I'll stop at Wegmans pick up a big beer, go for a run then drink said big beer...then probably some wine. We will see where the evening takes us :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Mon - Wed, 0
    Thursday, 6 vodka soda & 1 wine
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

I had to take my cat to the ER last night because of the flea and tick med that I used. I changed brands and apparently some brands are not really good for kitties. He was neurotoxic and shaking and tremoring. Poor thing could barely walk. I love the little guy. But, I'm gonna miss that "G" as well.