Like Minded Lushes - March 2012

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    thursday=1 vodka-soda and 2 ales and I was feeling it. I need to try for at least one day of sobriety, but nah...
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Wade, nice job, sir!!

Wolf, so sorry about the kitty. Intellectually, we (as in, people with fur babes) know it's the best thing, but it definitely doesn't make it any easier. :heart:

Nothing for me again tonight. Whoo hoo!

So how was the wine? ;)

I've stuck to it, yay! Last alcohol I've had was last Saturday. That makes today Day 6 for me. Ha, I've lost like 4 pounds. Its mostly because I'm not ending up on the couch by 7 PM with a glass of wine and not doing a darned thing afterward.

Getting stuff done, going to the health club, riding my bike, doing chores around the house. A nice reset for me. In 24 days I board a plane to the Dominican Replublic. I plan on having a cocktail on the plane.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-10oz of wine
    Thursday-1/2 Terrapin Hopzilla (YUM) and 10oz of wine
    Friday-well definitely drinking tonight. My Babe is away for the weekend and I am leaving work early to "work" from home....think I'll stop at Wegmans pick up a big beer, go for a run then drink said big beer...then probably some wine. We will see where the evening takes us :wink:

HaHa out of control! Cat's away.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Mon - Wed, 0
    Thursday, 6 vodka soda & 1 wine
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

I had to take my cat to the ER last night because of the flea and tick med that I used. I changed brands and apparently some brands are not really good for kitties. He was neurotoxic and shaking and tremoring. Poor thing could barely walk. I love the little guy. But, I'm gonna miss that "G" as well.

:ohwell: poor kitty

It's Friday, not sure if the fiancé and I will go out to dinner or just get take out. I'm sure there will be drinks though but not too many because I'd rather not be hungover for our engagement party tomorrow :smile:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    I've stuck to it, yay! Last alcohol I've had was last Saturday. That makes today Day 6 for me. Ha, I've lost like 4 pounds. Its mostly because I'm not ending up on the couch by 7 PM with a glass of wine and not doing a darned thing afterward.

Getting stuff done, going to the health club, riding my bike, doing chores around the house. A nice reset for me. In 24 days I board a plane to the Dominican Replublic. I plan on having a cocktail on the plane.

Awesome job Wade. I wish I could find the mojo you found. Ah .... dreaming of actually getting stuff done. I only wish.
  • Kat120285
    Low key date night Friday in. Ordered take out and just going to lounge on the couch all night. Going to grab some wine soon :smile:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    hmmm, I still haven't reverted to my lushy ways yet. Couple of glasses of wine last night after a crappy day at work, but I've had nothing else since Sunday. I even decided I'd rather have a nice mug of hot chocolate tonight than finish the bottle of wine :huh: :noway: :sick:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Low key date night Friday in. Ordered take out and just going to lounge on the couch all night. Going to grab some wine soon :smile:

We must be sisters....that's exactly what I am doing soon

Yvonne, enjoy your chocolate
  • Kat120285

We must be sisters....that's exactly what I am doing soon

Yvonne, enjoy your chocolate

Being an only child I've always wanted a sibling :smile:

It's been great, we got grinders and wings and watched How I Met Your Mother for awhile and then my shows were on (Nikita and Supernatural). Fiancé is working out right now as I have wine and watch TV :smile: with all the windows still open!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Last night-750ml of Weyerbacher Double Simcoe and 12oz of Weyerbacher Insanity....so that's alittle over 3 beers and let me tell you I was feeling good!! Ended up having 4oz of wine which was really unnecessary then went to bed at 830, YUP 830...lame! But my husband is away and I get bored so....
    Tonight-S. Philly with my gf and SIL its gonna be awesome!!! Lots and lots of beers!!!
    Enjoy your day everyone!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Fri - 9oz. of hooch..............
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member
    Well I went to a rock show last night to support my friends band and ended up having about 6 yinglings. LOL I know I'll be drinking tonight to cause were going to the friendly neighborhood hole in the wall bar lol
  • rjadams
    I am drinking now because I cant later since i volunteered to drive. soo excited .... going to see Jeff Dunham tonight. I really need a good laugh and we have awesome seats. the only bummer is the venue is about 75 miles from home so I have to be good.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    0 thurs
    0 friday

?? tonite..I'm thinnking 0. just not in the mood. :huh:
  • nisijam5
    Mon - Wed, 0
    Friday, 1 Sam Adams, 6 vodka sodas
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Total: 14...not bad for a week, I guess
  • rjadams
    I laughed so hard last night I am actually sore this morning. If you don't know Jeff Dunham you should look him up on Utube. We didn't get home until after one in the morning. I haven't stayed up that late in ages.

We bought FAmous Daves and ate it in the parking lot along with a Newcastle that I brought for the occasion but that was pretty much if for my drinking.

Have a wonderful lushy day.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Sounds like fun, Robin!

0-Thurs
    0-Fri
    0-Sat

???-tonite?
    I'm going to shoot for 0 but I'm SO EXCITED to watch Mad Men tonite..and they drink like fishes..so I may have to have a cocktail in their honor! :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Mon - Wed, 0
    Friday, 1 Sam Adams, 6 vodka sodas
    Saturday, 1/2 bottle of wine and a couple vodka soda
    Sunday, 0

I think I have a problem because I am thinking about it right now.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,241 Member
    I laughed so hard last night I am actually sore this morning. If you don't know Jeff Dunham you should look him up on Utube. We didn't get home until after one in the morning. I haven't stayed up that late in ages.

We bought FAmous Daves and ate it in the parking lot along with a Newcastle that I brought for the occasion but that was pretty much if for my drinking.

Have a wonderful lushy day.

Love Jeff Dunham! I made an Achmed sign for my husband when he pulls into the garage so he knows where to stop so he doesn't pull up too far so we have room to walk by. Silence! I killlll you!
  • rjadams
    Wolf. it was the best. he was trying out material for his halloween special and i thought i was going to die. I am so glad someone finally knows who I was talking about. You can get an Achmed ring tone. "Silence, I keel you!" Soo gooooood.

oh I had a lot of wine at daddy's bday party and hit the vodka at home so I am a bit drunk. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: