Low Sodium Ideas?!

2»

Replies

• CASSIEWESTSUNRISE
    CASSIEWESTSUNRISE Posts: 155 Member
    Trying more God made foods in my diet less processed food's:heart:
  • sidkrose
    sidkrose Posts: 35
    Yes as many others have said, my golden rule is to cook from fresh as often as possible and limit things you know are high, like bread, cheese and ready made things. Luckily I have found that there are a ton of no salt added or low sodium things now at the grocery store. I am able to buy canned beans, corn and tomato sauce all without salt and the low sodium triscuits are pretty good if you like crackers!

Invest in some spices you love to season foods with (my favourites are smoked paprika, fresh black pepper and Mrs Dash garlic and herb) and learn to cook with other flavourings such as lemon, lime and plenty of garlic!
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Boy, you all have no idea how happy I am I found this group! I was just getting fed up with everyone telling me "This is so healthy! It will help you lose weight if you eat this!" And it's always some processed crap. Recently it was a small cup of white chicken chili from a taco restaurant. It was pretty healthy and low fat, but at 945 mg of sodium for that tiny cup, it would be about 2/3 of my sodium intake for the entire day.

I wanted to share this with you all. I found this place online, and ordered one of their low-sodium pizza kits. They are whole wheat and include a sauce to top it with. The best part, there's only 24 mg of sodium for THE ENTIRE PIZZA. And it was tasty. I highly recommend them!

Here's the link: http://www.gallolea.com/low-sodium/