Here's an idea, if you don't like what they post...

12345679»

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Are you saying we shouldn't be a-holes to people on the internet? If we can't be a-holes to strangers, who can we be a-holes to???

Did someone say shiny?
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    instead of a-hole, can you say goal-hole?
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    or maybe piehole?
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    instead of a-hole, can you say goal-hole?
    I would, but sadly I am not familiar with my goal-hole. :sad:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    on this subject, or maybe even more to the point, is how some folks read emotions and attitudes into posts. Like this one girl posted something the other day and I read it, just for what it said, but several posters read "anger" and "bad attitude" and "condescending" and other negative emotions into it.

So I thought, "did I miss something?" and reread it to see, and I still couldn't find all that emotional stuff anywhere.

What is behind this phenomena? Anybody know?

Some like to post comments that appear innocent but otherwise blatantly reference previous disagreements just to goad others into a new argument so that it will appear to most users, that are unfamiliar with the history, that they are being attacked.
  • MrDude_1
    on this subject, or maybe even more to the point, is how some folks read emotions and attitudes into posts. Like this one girl posted something the other day and I read it, just for what it said, but several posters read "anger" and "bad attitude" and "condescending" and other negative emotions into it.

So I thought, "did I miss something?" and reread it to see, and I still couldn't find all that emotional stuff anywhere.

Some like to post comments that appear innocent but otherwise blatantly reference previous disagreements just to goad others into a new argument so that it will appear to most users, that are unfamiliar with the history, that they are being attacked.

:flip:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

Honestly, I would like to kid back but I am completely serious about this. If people want things to be peaceable, then they should consider discontinuing this type of behavior.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    I don't think using a term like "PIEHOLE" is a good idea for dieting and health conscious individuals, perhaps something like "WHOLEGRAINHOLE" would be more supportive...

LOL!!
  • MrDude_1

Honestly, I would like to kid back but I am completely serious about this. If people want things to be peaceable, then they should consider discontinuing this type of behavior.

:flop: