Considering getting JM's 30 Day Shred, but

2»

Replies

• wendyco
    wendyco Posts: 122 Member
    Im on my last four days of the shred...I have to say it's a good "started" workout video. I have noticed myself tighter in certain areas and my arms are a bit toner (my legs, quads in particular got a constant workout). I do not know how well it is in comparison to other toning videos. I've done P90X before, not completed, but up to 60 days of it, and I do recall similar results but more strength (then again it was TWICE as long). I'd say go for it!

Remember, you MAY NOT LOSE LBS ON SCALE!!! I lost a few but Im feeling so much more toned...and I'm happy about that!! on day 20 I was down about 5lbs...but definitely put on muscle mass, clothes fit way nicer...so TAKE MEASUREMENTS!

Just do it! what do u have to lose. try it for 30 days!! it's ten bucks for thirty days...and it's a good EASY FAST workout for maintenance or times u are feeling like quitting. I love it as a worse case scenario workout video. What's 20 minutes of ur time? :D

Goof luck!! Im off to do insanity after this!
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    I just did day 4 of JM 30 day. It is unreal the about of sweat dripping off my face !!! I actually saw drops of the stuff !!!! I am finding that I am gettin better at doing the excersizes, I can do more reps and I can do 18 push-ups that I could not do before. I like her crunches too ! Only thing I don't like is she uses the word "buddy" all the time.
  • ahipsher
    ahipsher Posts: 46 Member
    Im on my last four days of the shred...I have to say it's a good "started" workout video. I have noticed myself tighter in certain areas and my arms are a bit toner (my legs, quads in particular got a constant workout). I do not know how well it is in comparison to other toning videos. I've done P90X before, not completed, but up to 60 days of it, and I do recall similar results but more strength (then again it was TWICE as long). I'd say go for it!

Remember, you MAY NOT LOSE LBS ON SCALE!!! I lost a few but Im feeling so much more toned...and I'm happy about that!! on day 20 I was down about 5lbs...but definitely put on muscle mass, clothes fit way nicer...so TAKE MEASUREMENTS!

Just do it! what do u have to lose. try it for 30 days!! it's ten bucks for thirty days...and it's a good EASY FAST workout for maintenance or times u are feeling like quitting. I love it as a worse case scenario workout video. What's 20 minutes of ur time? :D

Goof luck!! Im off to do insanity after this!

Awesome!

And yeah, I'm not too worried about the lbs. I've lost 50lbs, and realistically I'm probably not going to be losing many more with my body frame. I'm in a totally healthy weight range right now, so I'm not really looking to lose weight. I'm just CRAVING those muscles.
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    I just bought the 30day shred from itunes. I am planning on starting it tomorrow. I've heard such great things about it and I want to add it into my workouts.I hope I like as much as everyone else seems to!
  • dolphin9803
    dolphin9803 Posts: 125
    You can actually find all 3 levels of JM 30DS online with a google search and some investigating :wink: Thats how I got mine figured if I didn't like it I would be mad at myself for buying it then wasting the money on it.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    I want to have JM's babies! LOL She's awesome, she doesn't shout but she's very encouraging and she really pushes you. And like some others have said, he interaction with the ladies in the video is spot on, very funny!

Do it - it's awesome - I've done 9 days of level 1 and starting level 2 tomorrow. I can see and feel differences already and it's such a short work out. Just when you think you can't do any more she moves you on to another set of exercises so you don't have time to die! LOL
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Hi there-

I do 30 day shred my living room or upstairs in my loft. I dont have a mat, just some hand weights. The first time I did 30 days shred, I lost inches and could start to see definition in my muscles. Then I got lazy, did more cardio than anything else. Now I'm startign again with weight lifting and will be adding 30 day shred back into my routine!

Good luck to you, I love Jillian Michaels. She's tough, you will call her all kinds of names, but so worth the burn!
  • ahipsher
    ahipsher Posts: 46 Member
    You guys should all become motivational speakers. :0]

I became really discouraged this past week when I stepped on the scale and had gained 1.5lbs. But like I said, I know this is because I haven't been able to really exercise because of my bum foot.
    I've been trying to figure out what a good strength training program would be for me (besides the machines at the gym - no free weights available), and this seemed like a good way to build up my endurance for other programs.