Green Team Week 9 Weigh In

2»

Replies

• Raspberrydelight
    Raspberrydelight Posts: 29 Member
    PW 245.2
    CW 245.4

+.2 Sorry Green team...didn't have a great week....here's to a better one next week!
  • RimRK
    RimRK Posts: 96 Member
    Sorry for being late!

PW: 155
    CW: 158

HOW?!?!?!?!? I have no idea. Logged, ate clean, ate under my cals, and worked out like a maniac. :( The scale hates me. Sorry team! I hope next week is a better one!
    Rim
  • Jennycyr
    Jennycyr Posts: 159 Member
    Could it be muscle gain? That happened to me at one point during my weight loss. TOM will cause water retention also. Thank you for weighing in!
    Sorry for being late!

HOW?!?!?!?!? I have no idea. Logged, ate clean, ate under my cals, and worked out like a maniac. :( The scale hates me. Sorry team! I hope next week is a better one!
    Rim
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    Sorry for being late!

Rim

RimRK, I too have the same issue. I workout around my work schedule. Sometimes when I have a huge stretch off, I gain weight rather than lose weight. Then when I don't workout for a few weeks (because I work 12.5 hour shifts), then I lose weight. Here's some information that I found from an article that explains your weight gain.

Muscle soreness after vigorous weight training is common and to be expected. But what you may not anticipate is the slight weight gain of a few pounds a day or two after your workout. Don't worry. The extra weight is just water due to inflammation that will go away in a few days.

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

According to Sports Injury Bulletin, delayed onset muscle soreness, or DOMS, occurs as a result of structural damage to muscle tissue during exercise. Linked to muscle cell damage is inflammation which heightens local muscle temperature and activates pain receptors. In addition to soreness that peaks within 24 to 48 hours after your exercise session, symptoms of DOMS include reduced range of motion, loss of strength, and decreased neuromuscular function. The pain and water retention brought on by DOMS is usually resolved within 96 hours after exercise.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/402701-does-weight-training-cause-water-retention/#ixzz1pDw8SUcm
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    The following participant(s) have been deletd:

RAINLOVER007