Insomnia

2»

Replies

• Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    As another poster suggested, please see a dr. first before trying any other remedies, including herbal, on your own. You may need a different pillow to alleviate the crick in your neck.

Meditation prior to bedtime is an excellent way to calm your mind prior to sleep. Check out the web site www.soundstrue.com. There are excellent meditation cds focused on "settling" your mind and body prior to sleep.

Do you have a completely darkened bedroom -- no alarm clock lights, street lights, etc.?
    Do you watch t.v. prior to going to bed? Some folks are agitated even if they are not conciously aware of it by viewing television prior to sleep.
    Has anything in your life changed in the last few months? Even if it seems insignificant, your brain may be working on it
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    bah doctors will only make you do dumb exercises that don't really work...i'm just coming to terms that i just am not meant to sleep
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    I work overnights. To help me get t sleep during the day I take melatonin. It doesn't make you loopy like meds. It just allows you to settle in easier.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Best option I have always found is exercising before I go to bed. Another thing is dont use a cellphone, a computer monitor, or a TV 1/2 hour before bed. The brightness of the screen has been correlated to people who have trouble sleeping. If that doesnt work, you can always try using a single benadryl 1/2 hour before bed. If neither of these work, you clearly need medical attention. You may need something like zolpidiem tartrate/ambien to help
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 713 Member
    Melatonin is a hormone made by the pineal gland , a small gland in the brain. Melatonin helps control your sleep and wake cycles. Very small amounts of it are found in foods such as meats, grains, fruits, and vegetables.

You can buy this in any drug store or even at grocery stores in the vitamin section. Try taking some and see if it helps. Its all natural so there should not be any side effects.