'Pushing a stroller'

2»

Replies

• happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Has anyone tried jogging with a stroller? i'm really trying to get out for a jog whenever i am free of the children, however i would be able to do it i could take the baby with me?

I would highly recommend getting a jogging stroller for this. They have three wheels and you can lock the front one to keep it from swivelling. If you jog with a regular stroller and one of the front wheels swivels just a bit you can dump the baby out and have a horrible wreck. Someone in our house almost did this once, but I won't say who. :) But seriously, I really really wouldn't jog with a regular stroller.

Damn... can;t get a new stroller... oh well bang goes that idea.. thanks for the advice though..x
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    I hear you. We are on a budget and can't get a different one either. Maybe a yard sale.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Perhaps it should come under strength training too, pushing a weight????
    As long as you're getting your heart rate up you're burning calories. The more push power, the better.
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    You might check your current stroller. I have one of the large Graco ones with the green and cream whinny the poo theme. Not the small umbrella stroller but the bigger one that the infant car seat clicks into. Anyway lol the front wheels on mine are able to be locked so they don't turn and I jog with my 3 year old in it and have never had any issues.
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Oh and I have a Polar 4 and according to that I burn more when I push my daughter in her stroller then when I walk without her :happy:
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    I add my own using my HRM

I have two children both weighing approx 2 stone and 2.5 stone and it is a phil and teds pushchair so one in the front and one in the back

Its an excellent workout, and I never walk slow
  • Agree! you can feel it in your stomach and arms! Add on pushing a buggy plus a toddler on a buggy board :)
  • CherryPie606
    CherryPie606 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm glad this has been asked! I noticed a few days ago that I can apparently burn more calories walking alone than pushing my son in the pushchair. No way!!! Its a great workout taking him out and we go out most days so I can burn calories. I still just log it as pushing/pulling stroller with child and figure the extra calories are a bonus : ) Nothing wrong with a few bonus calories burned!
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    They figure you are walking super slow while pushing the stroller.

wtf? I walk the same speed. 4 mph, tracked with my tracks app. sometimes I feel new mothers and pregnant women are discriminated against on this site. At least on some of the boards.

*edit, I thought someone would actually think I was seriously offended, I was making a sarcastic remark about the discrimination thing