exercise that burns the most fat FAST

2»

Replies

• DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,901 Member
    IMO the most effective way to burning fat is: calorie deficit, strength training with heavy resistance to retain muscle, and making sure the intensity is hard enough.
    You can do it other ways (long endurance cardio, diet alone, etc.), but most people that I've encountered doing it this way are usually unsatisfied with their physiques afterward and end up strength training to try to change it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    There's no way that someone can burn more calories in 20 minutes doing HIIT than they can in 60 minutes doing steady state unless their fitness is poor and they cannot maintain any reasonable intensity for 60 minutes.

For example, I generally burn somewhere between 900 to 1000 calories in 60 minutes running around 8 min/mi. It would be physically impossible to lose that many calories in 20 minutes short of cutting off a bodypart.

So, #1 this is a myth and #2 increase your intensity for steady state.
  • cshair
    cshair Posts: 1 Member
    I am trying that starting today! I will post at the end of the week,my results!wish me luck ,I want 10 lbs off me that I have hated having on me! My goal weight is really to be at 120 but I will take 124!
  • RUG3Y
    RUG3Y Posts: 2 Member
    Kettlebells by far burn the most fat. It's like running, with weights.