For the Runners - anyone run in the rain?

2»

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    This is true... you don't want to get chilled. That would be no fun. I was thinking of a warm humid day with a light rain.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Well, right now, I think it's about 70. It's supposed to be about 75 by the time I get home around 3:45. So probably no jacket.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Running in warm rain is awesome, running in cold rain not so much! I wear a hat when it's raining. IMy favorite is running in the snow! But not running on ice, learned that the hard way and ended up with a hip injury.

Also for wet shoes after you are done put some newspaper in them to absorb the moisture. Enjoy!

:happy:
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    A vest would be good for the rain...no sleeves to get you all hot and sweaty but can still help keep your core warm if it turns cool. But if it's going to be 75 I don't think you need to worry. Around 50 degrees is when the real danger comes into play.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    And now it doesn't even look like it's going to rain! Haha - the storms are holding off till about 7 according to weather.com, and there's only a 5% chance of precip. this afternoon while I'm running.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    All I have to say is wear water resistant pants. I made the mistake of wearing cotton like ones and well they absorbed water and got so heavy that they dragged way past my shoe and so my friend had to come pick me up, it was pretty funny haha have fun!

~Leash :heart:
This discussion has been closed.