I don't get it...WHY do I want to eat my exercise calories??

12346»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Weight loss is never linear. It will go down, up and stay the same. If you weight less immediately after exercise, it's just fluid loss from sweating. I can "lose" up to 3 pounds if I run for an hour. If you weigh more after a day of heavy exercise, it's fluid retention. When we exercise, it creates tiny tears in our muscles, and those tears hold onto fluid (inflammation) as they heal. It's normal and temporary, and how we get stronger.

Solution: Don't weight yourself every day. And find other methods of tracking your progress other than the scale. Take measurements, go by how clothing fits, or my personal favorite... take photos.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    You will almost always weigh less after exercise if you sweat a lot....Drink water and you will weigh more...Bottom line - do not weigh yourself every half hour!

Sorry to hear about the flatulance, must be embarassing!:blushing: :laugh: :tongue:
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    my weight goes up and down constantly but it flatulates all the time.

If your weight flatulates, there is only one explanation: flatulence.

If it fluctuates, there can be many different reasons!

[Sorry. I don't usually mention spelling mistakes. But that one was too good to pass up.]
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    There's a reason they make a point to check your heart over and over again when people follow the HCG diet. They are eating only 500 calories per day, They body starts to feed on that person's muscle. The heart is a muscle. When is it ever a good thing to eat so little that it has a bad effect on your heart. Eat healthy and eat enough people. Starving yourself by not eating burnt calories is a waste. Why lose weight by starving yourself and have sagging skin as the end results, not a good look!
  • doobyden
    doobyden Posts: 25
    the bariatric surgeon i work for says its not neccessary to eat them back! but make sure you are taking in enough protein!

This is interesting! Anyone able to expand on it?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    the bariatric surgeon i work for says its not neccessary to eat them back! but make sure you are taking in enough protein!

This is interesting! Anyone able to expand on it?

it depends on whether she explained to the surgeon that MFP already has a defecit built in and does not count exercise calories until you do them.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/206951-asked-my-trainer-re-eating-back-calories
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    The surgeon is afraid that MFP will be too effective and put him out of business! He's sabotaging it.

:wink:
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    This link from Jillian Michaels explains to you exactly WHY and HOW. It's a rude awakening to those who are not yet fully aware about the importance and how our body process the food that we eat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqvmEf6G04&feature=share&list=PL92F8E707E798812C