Is "Clear American" Flavored Sparkling Water too good to be

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    No1Openion wrote: »
    You IDIOTS! Clear American beverage is for people who have Diabetes! Who has the choice of cutting down on Sugar or dying. It is not a sports drink or a drink for skinny people. You Skinny Sports Nuts, please DO NOT Drink any Clear American beverages. People who have Diabetes needs it to prevent us from dying. When you Skinny Sorts Nuts purchase Clear American beverage, it leaves less on the shelves for us to purchase. Half the time, I can't find it on the shelves. The major beverage makers won't make any diet beverage that taste good any more. the only other diet beverage that may be found on the shelves is Tab, but it is hard to find. I'd rather take my chances of dying from cancer after drinking 999,999,999 cans of Tab, than dying from Diabetes in a few years. I know, The World Is All About You!

If it were specifically ONLY for diabetics, you'd buy it in the pharmacy.

Ooh, the Golden Peach. So freaking yummy! In fact, this reminded me, I have one in my work fridge. Think I'll crack it open!

dii8pn9asf2w.jpg

I do notice I will get headaches from the aspertame if I drink more than one per day.

I'm going to Walmart today (it's a rarity, I try to avoid them at all costs) and may have to check at least this flavor out

th?id=OIP.oXV8VJHYukTw-YiBXZ5FHgDgEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

This is one of the only flavors I've found that I like from this brand. Tastes like a dreamsicle.

My son likes that one. I think it's too sweet.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    FYI: Kroger makes similar water. So if Walmart is out, diabetic guy can go to a Kroger store. Both Kroger's and Walmarts are WAY better than La Croix and much cheaper.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like to mix mine with Deep Eddy's favored vodka in the summer. Or I even use the blood orange flavor for a lower calorie sangria.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    Anyone else think it's shouty guy after a good night's sleep

It sure has the same cadence. The "You IDIOTS" in the first sentence is a good indicator.

eta: And where on earth does he live where the only other diet option is TAB??

I would rather drink Diet Mountain Dew.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    FYI: Kroger makes similar water. So if Walmart is out, diabetic guy can go to a Kroger store. Both Kroger's and Walmarts are WAY better than La Croix and much cheaper.

maxresdefault.jpg

I like to mix mine with Deep Eddy's favored vodka in the summer. Or I even use the blood orange flavor for a lower calorie sangria.

Vodka + Pineapple Coconut = pina colada
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,380 Member
    edited November 2018
    Personally I drink copious amounts of coffee, moderate amounts of diet soda (3-4/week maybe?) and larger amounts of Lacroix, Dasani or some other brand of flavored, unsweetened sparkling water (usually at least one a day). My favorites are Lacroix lime and orange and Dasani lime.

Oh and club soda and lime Absolut is amazing.

ETA: not bothered by artificial sweeteners. I use just the teeniest bit of liquid Splenda in my coffee (or a half pack of granulated if I buy coffee out). Pepsi Max, diet A&W root beer (my favorite), Powerade Zero (orange), etc.. All have a place in my life.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 190 Member
    I generally stay away from anything with aspartame, except for very occasionally - but honestly, I would never consume something daily (or more than once daily) that contains it. You're definitely better off drinking regular water...but, it's really a matter of how you feel about artificial sweeteners and their potential risks - some people don't care about it.

Thanks! I'm going to check out some of the risks of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners.

There aren’t any. Job done! You’re welcome. Now enjoy your drink!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2018
    I drink lots of tap water, but have started drinking flavored seltzer water when I just need to have something in my mouth. I’m willing to take a chance on 12-24 ounces a day.
    I think there are 3 things that will always be bad for you: smoking, bacon and salt. Everything else seems to change periodically. I’ve given up the smoking and bacon (ok, most of the bacon) but salt is tough to avoid.
    You do realize that sodium is an essential electrolyte for your body, right? The salinity of our blood is roughly equivalent to that of seawater.

I doubt you'll get any argument about smoking being bad for you. Bacon is most likely harmless in moderate, reasonable amounts. Salt is necessary, but again in reasonable amounts. Context and dosage matter.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    sodium (or rather iodine that is derived from it) is critical to body function. doing a low iodine diet prior to treatment for thyroid cancer is a regular occurance and i've felt fuzzy-minded after only 3 days of it (and you do it for 2 weeks prior to treatment and then another week after to make sure that the treatment worked)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Me thinks the OP is long gone......
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I drink lots of tap water, but have started drinking flavored seltzer water when I just need to have something in my mouth. I’m willing to take a chance on 12-24 ounces a day.
    I think there are 3 things that will always be bad for you: smoking, bacon and salt. Everything else seems to change periodically. I’ve given up the smoking and bacon (ok, most of the bacon) but salt is tough to avoid.

We need sodium to live.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Me thinks the OP is long gone......

Ah yes, but it has attracted new people to argue!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Wall of text - check
    Random caps - check
    Gross generalization - check
    Blatantly false claims - check
    Zombie thread resurrection with first post - check

This post BINGO's all by itself!

DOH! I didn't even think of that. You win the toaster.

Is it a Cylon toaster? Because I really want a Cylon toaster!

Shaped like the Death Star.

cqielx3hx435.jpg

Death Star toaster thread!! I'm still waiting for mine, @quiksylver296 Maybe it's lost in the mail.