Signs you’ve been here over 30 days....

Replies

• elri1908
    elri1908 Posts: 160 Member
    This topic is hilarious! I've only been on here a week and I already recognize most of these signs (except I don't look like the poor boy (girl) in over-sized clothes yet! Thanks for the laugh!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    How about......i'm at the office not getting work done because these posts are way too funny and addicting to pull myself from MFP!!!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member

you already think you're on a plateu.
  • You no longer let your Husband mow the lawn because you once strapped on your HRM and found out it burns a ton of calories. Same for washing the cars.

^^This! I mowed our almost 1/3 acre lawn, with the push mower and NOT using the self propelled thing, because we were going out to eat. 2 hours, one blister and a cute turtle on a different journey later, i was like YES, I did it!! :smile:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    You look to log any and everything you're doing as cardio exercise....bumping uglies-happy fun time-wrestling- HIIT right hand......
    as well as strength training-hookers and blow
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 320 Member
    You no longer let your Husband mow the lawn because you once strapped on your HRM and found out it burns a ton of calories. Same for washing the cars.

This!!! I so love mowing the lawn and general gardening!

i would LOVE to mow... but i have an allergy to fresh cut grass (have all my life) so our yard would look a bit wonky because the mower would veer every time i sneeze :(
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    You find yourself squeezing in squat, push-ups, jump jacks, etc. in between all your daily activities, to boost your cardio.
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    When your daughter asks you how far did you run tonight/ how many calories did you burn mom?

Not going out for drinks/eating out because your food diary is public and I don't want to log it.(shudder)

Using WAAAAY too much water between the extra showers and gross gym clothes that pile up.

Also when you get home from the gym you tell your spouse how far/how many cals burned/ and then proceed to show him your soaking wet shirt and sports bra and get disappointed that he is not giddy with the same excitement you are!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Love this!!!

When my husband asks "Babe, I'm running to the store! Do you have enough calories left for a snack if I get you something?" (Cracks me up everytime)

When you don't go out to eat til you've planned exactly what you are going to eat at that particular place because you've spent a hour looking at the menu and finding the calorie content!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    My stories start with "the other day on mfp"

i will claim this one...

signs you've been here too long...Binary's scary clown face doesn't freak you out anymore...
    ...until you notice the white make up smudges outside your bedroom window.

oh, no....that just excites me.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    You sit down for a brew with 2 biccies or squares of chocolate instead of the whole packet... :blushing:
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    You fight with your husband at a birthday dinner celebration because you have figured out EXACTLY what you are going to eat and worked out to have those calories...and he orders cheese fries! (The devil's creation!)

Ooooh and in the middle of the grocery store you're explaining to your 5 year old why you simply cannot buy the kind of popcorn HE wants because there are too many calories, fat and salt! Mind you...I'm showing him this with the nutritional facts!

^^^ This! Except, the "5-year old" is my husband. The man cannot wrap his mind around the fact that even if it's healthier it still can taste good. I can get him to eat something and he will love it until he sees the box and realizes it's lower calorie/healthy food. He also rolls his eyes at me when we cook dinner and I'm scanning all the ingredients with my MFP app. I make him keep everything separate so I can portion it myself. Yeah...

Also, definitely get tired of the "too scared to eat back exercise calories" and the "is it ok to eat more than 1,000 calories??????" posts.

And I talk about my MFP friends as if I just had lunch with them. Hubby is always confused about who I'm talking about. It makes me laugh. I love this website!

:laugh:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    On your weekend day to sleep in and let husband get up with the kids, you wake up early and go for a sunrise run instead.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    My stories start with "the other day on mfp"

i will claim this one...

signs you've been here too long...Binary's scary clown face doesn't freak you out anymore...
    ...until you notice the white make up smudges outside your bedroom window.

oh, no....that just excites me.
    I don't live that far from you. Just sayin.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member

1) You’re consistently humming “Zumba” songs without even knowing.
    2) Grocery shopping takes twice as long, because you’re reading labels.
    3) You feel like you’re pregnant again, because you’re peeing with all the water you’re drinking.
    4) You catch yourself doing butt lifts at the checkout.
    5) You have names for your dumbbells.
    6) You talk to your TV workout instructor.
    7) Eating out is a thing of the past.
    8) Sorry honey, not tonight, I have to exercise.
    9) You carry a water bottle with you everywhere.
    10) You don’t catch your Facebook or Twitter accounts anymore.

Everyone add on……

Hmmm....I guess since I identify with none of those, I don't belong here.
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    When my husband asks "Babe, I'm running to the store! Do you have enough calories left for a snack if I get you something?" (Cracks me up everytime)

Haha! My boyfriend says that all the time
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Love this!!!

When you don't go out to eat til you've planned exactly what you are going to eat at that particular place because you've spent a hour looking at the menu and finding the calorie content!

Me too! Husband gets a bit impatient with the going out :P
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    You carefully record the calories from eating a breath mint without thinking twice.

You obsess guiltily over the possibility that you had 1.75 servings of something for breakfast when you only recorded 1.5.

You procrastinate by reading the MFP forum until you stumble across a post about working out that encourages you to go do your own workout.

You often know what you will weigh to the ounce before you get on the scale in the morning because of what you ate the day before, how much water you drank, and the workout you did.

If you see another TOM question, you think you might scream. Then you wonder if screaming burns calories.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Your dinner includes the random assortment of a baked sweet potato, a bowl of grits, and a Greek yogurt, because that's what it takes to hit today's macros.
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 318 Member
    How about......i'm at the office not getting work done because these posts are way too funny and addicting to pull myself from MFP!!!!

THIS! Right now! :D