Replies

• Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    We marinate chicken in different salad dressings over night, bake for like an hour the next day for dinner. Honey mustard is very good! I want to try ranch.

It's either that, or just breadcrumbs, no egg or flour or anything, just breadcrumbs and bake.

I'm like you, I love chicken, you could also switch ground beef for turkey too, mix it up some. Can't even tell the difference in most things.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    buffalo chicken wraps... i eat variations of this several times a week. low cal, cheap, and super-easy.
    nom nom nom.
    in fact, i just had it for lunch. =)

270692_10151009930861533_430922070_n-1.jpg

This looks yummy, but I would use BBQ probably, or Ranch. I hate the taste of buffalo sauce stuff =P
  • brennaisag
    Options
    Chop up a zucchini, a bell pepper, and an onion. cut three boneless skinless chicken breasts into long strips. Heat one pan with a little bit of oil and add all your veggies, plus minced garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Let cook on low to medium heat with a lid covering it until veggies are of desirable softness. In another pan, sautee strips of chicken with more rosemary, salt, and pepper. After chicken has gone white on the outside, move into the vegetable pan and let simmer on low heat until all the pink is gone. From there, you can make nachos with pita chips and black beans, or a simple chicken wrap, or add to rice or salads. Goes great with just about any salsa. Substitute curry and turmeric for rosemary and a little coconut milk for oil to make a really tasty chicken curry.
  • nwerthmann
    Options
    bump
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    Options
    Bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Chop up a zucchini, a bell pepper, and an onion. cut three boneless skinless chicken breasts into long strips. Heat one pan with a little bit of oil and add all your veggies, plus minced garlic, salt, pepper, and rosemary. Let cook on low to medium heat with a lid covering it until veggies are of desirable softness. In another pan, sautee strips of chicken with more rosemary, salt, and pepper. After chicken has gone white on the outside, move into the vegetable pan and let simmer on low heat until all the pink is gone. From there, you can make nachos with pita chips and black beans, or a simple chicken wrap, or add to rice or salads. Goes great with just about any salsa. Substitute curry and turmeric for rosemary and a little coconut milk for oil to make a really tasty chicken curry.
    simple, tasty & healthy..... thanks
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Hummus Crusted Chicken

1. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Spread chicken with hummus; roll in bread crumbs.

3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 12 minutes or until no pink remains (170 degrees F), turning once. Add more oil, if needed. If crumbs brown too quickly, reduce heat. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts (Hummus Crusted Chicken )
    Servings Per Recipe 4,Calories 491,Protein (gm) 43,Carbohydrate (gm) 35,Fat, total (gm) 20,Cholesterol (mg) 82,Saturated fat (gm) 3,Monosaturated fat (gm) 13,Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 3,Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 6,Sugar, total (gm) 2,Vitamin A (IU) 49,Vitamin C (mg) 8,Thiamin (mg) 0,Riboflavin (mg) 0,Niacin (mg) 17,Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1,Folate (µg) 101,Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,Sodium (mg) 676,Potassium (mg) 714,Calcium (DV %) 101,Iron (DV %) 4,

Thats a great idea, wonder if it would taste good on fish
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Invest in a crockpot if you dont have one, saves time and money!

This website is amazing! http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2005/12/chicken.html

My personal fave is 1 whole cut up chicken, 1 tall boy of beer and 1 jar of Weber Beer Can Chicken seasonings, all in the crockpot for 8 hours on low, debone and shred meat, so versatile!

Add me if you like, Im allergic to almost everything so I eat chicken MOST of the time and have come up with some awesome ideas!
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    saving this thread for later.. hommus chicken sounds amazing
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I like to bake mine - season both sides of the chicken and then spoon plain yogurt on top (I use about 2 cups of yogurt for a 9.13 pan. The chicken stays super moist. I don't use the yogurt after but you could make a sauce out of it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Chicken, chilli, chapati bread (1 slice) tomato paste, 3 silces of cheese, mixed veg

Cook chicken, shred into way smaller bits.... then cook with chilli & mixed vege (diced carrot, onion, celery). Then put the tomato paste on the chapati. Then add the chicken/chill/vege mix on top. Add cheese on top & plce in microwave for 20 seconds.

Instant pizza, healthy..... you know what's in it & filling.

I've been eating chicken every day for the last 215 days..... I'm yet to get sick of chicken & chilli anything.

You can also make a chilli chicken sushi :) yummy
  • amadacorazon
    amadacorazon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hummus Crusted Chicken

1. Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Spread chicken with hummus; roll in bread crumbs.

3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 12 minutes or until no pink remains (170 degrees F), turning once. Add more oil, if needed. If crumbs brown too quickly, reduce heat. Serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts (Hummus Crusted Chicken )
    Servings Per Recipe 4,Calories 491,Protein (gm) 43,Carbohydrate (gm) 35,Fat, total (gm) 20,Cholesterol (mg) 82,Saturated fat (gm) 3,Monosaturated fat (gm) 13,Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 3,Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 6,Sugar, total (gm) 2,Vitamin A (IU) 49,Vitamin C (mg) 8,Thiamin (mg) 0,Riboflavin (mg) 0,Niacin (mg) 17,Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 1,Folate (µg) 101,Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 1,Sodium (mg) 676,Potassium (mg) 714,Calcium (DV %) 101,Iron (DV %) 4,

bump

I have to try this!
  • lorasalim
    lorasalim Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Basil chicken
    4 whole skinless chicken breasts
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1/2 teaspoon basil
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1/2 cup sliced green pepper
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Sprinkle with pepper and basil. Spread soup on top of chicken. Arrange slices of green pepper and mushrooms on top of soup. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8

Per Serving: 287 calories; 4g fat; 55g protein; 3 g carbohydrate; 1 g dietary fiber; 141 md cholesterol, 391 mg sodium (makes 4 servings)
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bump