Ghost Stuck in Tree Picture.. Not photoshopped

Replies

• jen88ve
    jen88ve Posts: 153
    I see him! I read his mind, he said that:

-One in two lifetime smokers will die from their habit. Half of these deaths will occur in middle age.
    -Tobacco smoke also contributes to a number of cancers.
    -The mixture of nicotine and carbon monoxide in each cigarette you smoke temporarily increases your heart rate and blood pressure, straining your heart and blood vessels.
    -This can cause heart attacks and stroke. It slows your blood flow, cutting off oxygen to your feet and hands. Some smokers end up having their limbs amputated.
    -Tar coats your lungs like soot in a chimney and causes cancer. A 20-a-day smoker breathes in up to a full cup (210 g) of tar in a year.
    -Changing to low-tar cigarettes does not help because smokers usually take deeper puffs and hold the smoke in for longer, dragging the tar deeper into their lungs.
    -Carbon monoxide robs your muscles, brain and body tissue of oxygen, making your whole body and especially your heart work harder. Over time, your airways swell up and let less air into your lungs.
    -Smoking causes disease and is a slow way to die. The strain of smoking effects on the body often causes years of suffering.
    -Emphysema for example is an illness that slowly rots your lungs. People with emphysema often get bronchitis again and again, and suffer lung and heart failure.
    -Lung cancer from smoking is caused by the tar in tobacco smoke.
    -Men who smoke are ten times more likely to die from lung cancer than non-smokers.
    -Heart disease and strokes are also more common among smokers than non-smokers.
    -Smoking causes fat deposits to narrow and block blood vessels which leads to heart attack.
    -Smoking causes around one in five deaths from heart disease.
    -In younger people, three out of four deaths from heart disease are due to smoking
    -Cigarette smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of low birth weight, prematurity, spontaneous abortion, and perinatal mortality in humans, which has been referred to as the fetal tobacco syndrome.

I sincerely appreciate your information! luckily for me, this picture is 3 years old and i am 2 1/2 years smoke free! One of the biggest factors in my initial weight gain was eating too much when quitting smoking. i gained 50 pounds after quitting, so thankful for MFP to help me lose that weight. And i am so happy i quit, even though it was hard at first.

Congrats!! I am trying to get both of my parents to quit. They are having a hard time doing so.

Congrats on that too! To quit smoking and to lose weight is a lot! It takes a strong person to do so!
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    A friend of mine took a photo of me while we were on a break at work. Once we started looking at the picture later we noticed that, in the tree in the background there is what appears to be a little boy's face in the wound of the tree. Can anyone else see this? freaks me out!

boytree-1.jpg

I seen em!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    I see it plain as day.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    tumblr_lmt49zcqMD1qhrctl.gif
  • jeffazi
    jeffazi Posts: 198
    Nope.
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    if you think thats creepy you should see all of the faces I have seen looking at the popcorn on my ceiling! humans naturally see faces in everything....
    bump
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Some peoples' minds are just not open to these things. Yes, I can see him. Very cute. He has bangs to about the eyebrow level, a little turned up nose, & his eyes are looking upwards toward the sky. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  • BeautifulRedButterfly
    BeautifulRedButterfly Posts: 316 Member
    this makes me want a cigarette sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad :(

but, i see the face
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    i see a few faces in it
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    I once saw Jesus in a burnt potato chip. I ate it even though it was burnt.
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Nada!
  • Some peoples' minds are just not open to these things. Yes, I can see him. Very cute. He has bangs to about the eyebrow level, a little turned up nose, & his eyes are looking upwards toward the sky. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

How do you see this? I keep looking, but I can't make that out. I want to see it
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    I see a bunny on a bicycle....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    It looks more like some kind of scary alien to me. I've tried and tried but I can't see a little boy.
  • mommared53
    Oh now I can see it! If I sit way back and look at it from a distance I can see it. He's a cute little boy.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    now i see a monkey
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Looks like pareidolia to me.

Pareidolia - (pronounced /pæraɪˈdoʊliə/), referenced in 1994 by Steven Goldstein, describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- — beside, with or alongside — and eidolon — image (the diminutive of eidos — image, form, shape). Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.
  • Is he looking face on?? I keep looking at it but I can't see it. Where are his eyes?
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    it is sort of a view of the left side of his face as if he were looking past you to your left he has bangs the back of his head is on the right side of the knot
  • mommared53
    Is he looking face on?? I keep looking at it but I can't see it. Where are his eyes?

He's looking a little to your left. I have to sit back aways from the computer to see him.