Pizza

13»

Replies

• Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    I love pizza and do double work outs when I plan to eat it...I refuse to give up the things I enjoy. Just using some moderation.

I love what you said! I have been on MFP for about 2 1/2 weeks and I'm learning that I cant stop eating certain foods "cold turkey" so now I eat smaller portions and work out twice a day to burn those calories off.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I have Pizza once a week and there is no skimping on how much a eat, I workout hard all week long for my spike meal and Pizza is at the top of my list.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    All about portion control in whatever you eat!!! I will have 2 slices this Friday night :)
  • tamikatroche
    tamikatroche Posts: 3 Member
    Shooot So i can have a slice everyday woohooo. Just kidding, its probably all the carbs, etc that it has..
  • tamikatroche
    tamikatroche Posts: 3 Member
    Calories

A typical slice, or serving, of cheese pizza is 14 inches or 103 g. There are a total of 272 calories per serving. In all, 136 calories come from carbohydrates, 90 calories from fat and the remaining 46 calories from protein.
    Diabetic Food Chart Discover diabetic food chart. Great Diabetic options right here. WeKnowMedical.com
    Sponsored Links
    Nutritional Information

There are 551 mg of sodium per slice of cheese pizza. There is 7 percent of the daily recommended value, or DV, for vitamin A, 18 percent for calcium and 28 percent for iron. There is also 23 percent of the DV for thiamine, 31 percent DV for riboflavin and 17 percent for niacin per serving. Cheese pizza is also a good source of phosphorous, with 31 percent DV per serving. These nutrients are essential for proper body function.
    Considerations

MayoClinic.com recommends that you should consume no more than 44 to 78 g of fat per day and limit your intake to 1,500 to 2,300 mg of sodium a day. Just one slice of cheese pizza brings you moderately close to these levels; however, the other nutrients do give the cheese pizza some redeeming nutritional content. A balanced diet can definitely include cheese pizza as long as its consumption is done in moderation.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/313272-how-many-calories-are-in-a-piece-of-cheese-pizza/#ixzz1qzWgO15w
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Some people have binge eating problems and can't stop at just one or two pieces. I eat pizza every couple weeks, and it hasn't stopped me yet. I do enjoy a good veggie pizza, but I still enjoy pepperoni now and then!
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    I LOVE pizza!
    A slice or two contains your daily veggie intake!
  • Personally I feel its because of the dough and cheese, which is the main contributor to the calories in pizza. Thin crust and light cheese, I bet it would cut the calories nearly in half!
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Pizza rocks, learn how to make your own from scratch. It's so easy a 13 year old can do it. Want to cut down on sodium levels? Skip the processed meats. Spice up some chicken and or turkey and grill it.

400 cals in a cup of flour, so if you make it thin crust your gonna save on the calories.

Ever had pizza in Italy? You will be shocked, they don't put sideboards on there pizza's like we do in North America. Sometimes less is more. Try it.
    :wink:
  • JustCallMeJaz
    JustCallMeJaz Posts: 29 Member
    The only thing I can think of is that most carry out pizza is not 250 cals a slice. and most people dont eat just one. I looked a personal pan from pizza hut and it was 600+ calories... and i usually order XL pizza. I think overall, the point is to make better choices overall. But if you crave pizza every now and again, then eat it.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, pizzzzzzzzzzzzzza!

800px-Supreme_pizza.jpg
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    I definitely agree that you normally don't eat just one slice, I know that when I'm in my "not caring" stage like i was a couple of months ago I would get the pizza hut 10$ box and eat half of it by myself (which is deep dish pizza, breadsticks and cinnamon sticks) AKA-not healthy.

I feel like if you REALLY want a slice of pizza, eat a slice of pizza...ONE! requires a lot of discipline and a lot of pizza does have more than 200 calories or so...the only problem with that is your choice of food might be better one something more filling and fat burning...i think it's the type of pizza, like if you get a thin crust, and not a crap ton of toppings then it shouldn't be too bad.

Like some others said though, when you order a pizza, it's a whole pizza, and you will be tempted to eat more-just a tempting choice is my problem, so I would rather steer clear of it!
  • brazillover
    brazillover Posts: 15 Member
    I make my own pizzas with Pita bread. The whole family loves them and you can make it healthy. Choose lots of veggies, some chicken, salsa as your sauce etc... and broil until ready!
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    It may have to do more with the nutrition quality that pizza provides is not really conducive to healthy lifestyle. I have one cheat meal a week, so I use it on foods like pizza...

Says WHO?
    Veggies are not bad
    Carbs are not bad
    Tomato sauce - a veggie - not bad
    Cheese - not bad

Most people will eat ALL of these things - so why is the PIZZA forbidden? All it amounts to is a change in the packaging.

I agree- although pepperoniis not exactly a "healthy meat" I have started leaving it off- other wise it really isnt bad for you, I think it a mind set, and control. I get out my two slices and put the rest away :)

I did not say anything about meat, because the meats are pretty bad. I just think it's funny when people diss on pizza crust - but eat a subway sub. Seriously? That bread - CARBS! So ...how is the sub inherently better? The POINT of a lifestyle change is to learn to make SMARTER food choices - not necessarily eliminate everything.