Unrequented friend requests!

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    Can we just fix the title to "Unrequited" friend requests? Pretty Please???? :flowerforyou:

Also, you didn't need a whole thread to complain about me declining you. You could have sent a PM.

Err....can't..unless you know better?

And I've never...oh I see what you did there :smile:

I do know one sure-fire way to avoid issues like this... use the right word and/or spell it right the first time.

ETA - Double check before you post something you CAN'T change. Also - clearly i'm not great friend material. So ya don't need to bother with the friend request.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    @ Sunkisses

Actually its a "I'm a fully grown adult who has a sarcastic/ dark/ dry sense of humour and got you and likes your style" emoticon....

here, have a few more:smile::glasses: :drinker: :yawn: :love: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:

Well in that case....
    You need to use the "asjdfjsdknf" icon next time. I'll know. It'll be like a secret code only the sarcastic will get.
  • Apa93
    Apa93 Posts: 57 Member
    To be honest I always accept friend requests. I don't think I've ever declined one. I also don't get the point of the little reason why someone wants to be friends with you; I kind of find them a bit creepy. I had someone describe me as "cute" and, to be honest, I was offended. Nevertheless, I still friended them; on here, it's great to have people losing weight everyday on my newsfeed and keeping me motivated, even if I don't particularly like them.
  • Vench
    Vench Posts: 56 Member
    I ignore the ones who don't even bother typing two sentences to introduce themselves. That and I get a lot of these "pro ana" type girls wanting to add me for thinspo/whatever and just....no.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,052 Member
    use the right word and/or spell it right the first time.

ETA - Double check before you post something you CAN'T change. Also - clearly i'm not great friend material. So ya don't need to bother with the friend request.

Seriously after 13 frikkin pages!!! I SPELLED ONE &*%$£"£%&^% WORD WRONG!
  • ThePhoenixRose

I got to the party late. And i didn't read the other 13 pages to check your spelling.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    Wow you make friend requesting seems such as serious business...

It's quite serious...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIND9PqzXvc-bUcaFJ1NsH4UuRRFg5amap1YZ87seSEWdDYuBcIQ
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    I've received many with no notes and when I checked the person out they had no replies to threads or mutual friends. I don't really want to be a part of someone’s collection. <shivers>
    Now, if they add a note I’m more likely to accept, but not always. Sometimes I just get the creeper vibe and the moment you reply back to them the convo starts… and I really don’t’ want to start that with a creeper.
    So, be honest, did you say something creepy in your friend request? ;)

Is it wrong to talk about my love of jello and pvc in a request?:embarassed:

if the friend request is blank i usually dont accept.. it is nice to know whether or not they really care to write you a message
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    @ Sunkisses

Actually its a "I'm a fully grown adult who has a sarcastic/ dark/ dry sense of humour and got you and likes your style" emoticon....

here, have a few more:smile::glasses: :drinker: :yawn: :love: :wink: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:

Well in that case....
    You need to use the "asjdfjsdknf" icon next time. I'll know. It'll be like a secret code only the sarcastic will get.

THIS
  • I don't accept blank requests or constant requests... why do you wanna be friends so badly? I'm fine with my group :drinker:
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member

Well I hope you've learned your lesson
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Wow you make friend requesting seems such as serious business...

It's quite serious...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIND9PqzXvc-bUcaFJ1NsH4UuRRFg5amap1YZ87seSEWdDYuBcIQ
    Stewie wins out

9703e5ac-1fca-41fd-97ba-bf45c7910af4.jpg
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member

I got to the party late. And i didn't read the other 13 pages to check your spelling.

Wow....you sure know how to ruin a fun time. Geez, talk about pee'in on the party!!!

Lighten up, Lady!!
  • HBL2012
    HBL2012 Posts: 31
    I'm new.. Iv'e had no requests lol.. Probably because I never really post comments though. more just read..apart from now obviously :D
  • stevewynjones
    I don't accept blank requests or constant requests... why do you wanna be friends so badly? I'm fine with my group :drinker:

I don't..this thread was started by me to see if other people agreed with the principle that politeness costs nothing. I am secure, thick skinned, am near impossible to offend and easy going to the point of death so do not need "friends" to validate my existence....

However, there are some who bring a smile to my face just by being there...
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Stewie wins out

9703e5ac-1fca-41fd-97ba-bf45c7910af4.jpg

But Stewie can't spell, either. :laugh: "Victory will be mine!"
  • ThePhoenixRose

Wow....you sure know how to ruin a fun time. Geez, talk about pee'in on the party!!!

Lighten up, Lady!!

OOOOOORRRRR, you could consider that this is sarcasm. OP says he's thick-skinned, near-impossible to offend, and easy-going. I'm gonna assume he has caught the sarcasm...

PS - it's not as fun when ya have to explain it.
  • stevewynjones
    I think I love you.....marry me and I'll keep you in sarcasm.....:flowerforyou:

...or in the loft...I'll decide later:indifferent:
  • ThePhoenixRose
    Basement?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    But Stewie can't spell, either. :laugh: "Victory will be mine!"

spelling-nazis-spelling-nazi-nazis-grammer-nazis-emo-demotivational-poster.png

I have stolen your victory...