Married or not you should read this...

124»

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    thanks for sharing. Makes us grateful for the little things in life and to pay attention to our relationships
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    This was really touching, i actually teared up...
  • lol at the Its Contrived and its bs stuff

Thats what this type of literature is, suppose to be a moral story.

No I don't think it is a telling of why you should keep a broken marriage. It is a story of taking a second chance at re establishing that broken marriage.

To often in these times people take the easy way out of commitment with their lives. Instead of taking a second look it is much easier to just give up and move on. There was a reason why you fell in love in the first place, that reason didn't change you just made excuses at that point.

It is kind of interesting because in real life I have a friend who's wife was slowly dying, their relationship had deteriorated long before her illness and they had a daughter. He continued to support her and make her feel loved. On the day of her death, she told him "I know we really don't love each other, but I thank you for giving me love" she passed away and he was over her death reasonably quickly but he stuck it out for his daughter and for the health of his wife. The person he cared about at one point in his life and respected enough to show that love even though he was no longer "in love."

Agreed. As I read the negative posts....it strikes me that the moral is lost on some people (not all of course). It's a shame really. True or not, sappy or not....bs or not....whatever the perpetual pessimists want to call it, the moral behind it is powerful. To all those literal folks out there, expand your mind a little!! A little bit of abstract thinking won't kill ya!