Keeping it "REAL" humbly changing ticker to show weight gain

124»

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Was so proud to reach my first half stone lost, must have gotten a little over confident with portion sizes or calories burned during workouts. It was a little discouraging to gain and frustrating that it's now going to take longer to reach my ultimate goal, but I suppose I get to achieve the first half stone all over again :laugh:
    This thread made me proud of myself for being honest rather than angry for gaining, a better state of mind surely!
    Here's to a new day :drinker:

Ya know, that is TREMENDOUS what you've said and something I didn't consider but because you posted this, I will EVER keep in mind--when you said: ... "must have gotten a little over confident with portion sizes or calories burned during workouts."

Hmmmmm....this is essential for me/us to remember/keep in mind. Thank you for posting!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    just did that too. I am proud of being real
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    WAH!!!!!!

Had to back that bad (and I mean BAD) boy back down again today....

T.O.M. has come around, rearing it's depressing and funky old head round and brought 2.6 pounds of YUCK with him. So....I've decreased my pounds lost by that amount. It makes me :cry: but at the same time :smile: because I'm a gonna keep it REAL, no matter how much I HATE IT:wink:
  • mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    I keep my ticker accurate! I'm only lying to myself if I don't change it. It's a reminder that were just human
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I keep my ticker accurate! I'm only lying to myself if I don't change it. It's a reminder that were just human

Love this!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    I didn't like it one bit, but I corrected mine today to :( Maybe seeing that smaller number lost will help me in the long run!!!
  • ladyfingers39
    ladyfingers39 Posts: 335
    You did the right thing. I know it's humbling. I've been at this for 2 months, tomorrow actually. Each month I plan to adjust the ticker to be "real". Like right now I am up 2 pounds from what my ticker says, so if tomorrow the weight does not change I will adjust it and move on to month three. Each month it goes down so that is all that matters, but it is frustrating! No reason to not be real with us, your only cheating yourself out of the joy of seeing it go down again, right? :)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    I sssoooo have the same dilemna. I reached my goal and re-calculated my calories from 1200 to 1610. I haven't yet eaten 1610 but I have gained 4 pounds. I really don't know what to do!!!! I weigh in on Friday and will record my true weight but should I stay at 1600 or find a happy medium?
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    You are so right be honest with yourself and you will be able to get back on your grind:smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    You are so right be honest with yourself and you will be able to get back on your grind:smile:

So TRUE!!!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Having to change my ticker the opposite way again...:noway:

from 183.4...to 186.6

UP 3.2 pounds

:cry:
  • doxiegal13
    doxiegal13 Posts: 35
    I have only just begun my journey last week, but plan to keep it "real" also. I have played these games with myself before and the only person you are fooling is yourself. Great topic!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    when I have weight gain or weight loss my ticker will show it. I also like to take accountibility and keep it real!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!