Mini Skirts after 35?

Replies

• LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,445 Member
    yes
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I wouldn't. But, I have kids and would feel inappropriate wearing a mini skirt.

Crap. I have a daughter AND I'll be 35 in November. Does this mean I'm SOL??? :P

Just my opinion regarding myself. I also wouldn't feel right dyeing my hair hot pink, even though I really want to. Plenty of women do and that's fine for them. I don't think it sets a bad example or anything like that. It just feels wrong for my personal mom persona.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Yup. But probably not with a tube top. ;) Or tons of cleavage.

I think once you are in your 30s, you have to show one area at a time, not all at once. Leave the showing everything to to the 20 somethings. and teens.

Nah, sorry, they do not have the monopoly on wearing certain stuff, even though they may think they do :D

I don't think anyone of any age should show everything at once.
  • yessiseguy
    yessiseguy Posts: 116
    YES!!! Definitely if similar to both Jens you mentioned! Its risky but it can be pulled off with class I think.
    The top has to be perfect and so does the fabric and the ocassion but I feel it definitely is do-able!
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,578 Member
    The tag on the skirt doesn't have an age limit :wink: If you can rock it, wear it!
    :heart:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,446 Member

I think once you are in your 30s, you have to show one area at a time, not all at once. Leave the showing everything to to the 20 somethings. and teens.

Nah, sorry, they do not have the monopoly on wearing certain stuff, even though they may think they do :D

I agree, but it usually takes a few years of experience for that message to sink in. :D
    I think by the time you hit 30 you should know this and practice it.

But I also think tube tops probably don't really look cute on anyone. :D
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    i don't dress to please anyone but myself. I don't care what other people think. If i like it, I wear it. And i Have been NOTORIOUS my entire life for wearing skirts that were inappropriately short. And there are always people who dislike what you are doing. What's the new colloquialism? "Haters gonna hate"?

They can take their negacore and make themselves sick with it.

I do as I please.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member

I agree, but it usually takes a few years of experience for that message to sink in. :D
    I think by the time you hit 30 you should know this and practice it.

But I also think tube tops probably don't really look cute on anyone. :D

tube tops are perfect for showing rad as hell chest tats.
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    HELL to the yes! If you got it and want to wear it, do it to it!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Would you wear a mini skirt after 35, such as Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston does?

To answer your question... NO I would not wear a mini skirt like that, unless I needed an elbow brace fashion accessory. :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I think I rather rocked my mini-kilt for Halloween last year.

IMG_2251.jpg
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    i would but i think it is frowned upon for straight men to do this
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    I think I rather rocked my mini-kilt for Halloween last year.

IMG_2251.jpg

Yes you did.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    I love a short skirt or shorts...my 22 year old daughter said she wished she had the definition I have ...work hard on those legs and you can wear your shorts and skirts...btw I am 42 and have 4 kids
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Yes. I'm 40 and I will still wear them. I still wear a bikini too. Anything else is age discrimination.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    I'm 44 and wouldn't.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    As soon as I saw the title to this I had a flashback to a Bon Jovi concert I went to a few years ago ... the 40+ and over crowd was still stuck in 1987 with the hair and clothes. LOL That being said ... if you can wear a mini skirt or any "younger" fad at whatever age you might be, appropriately, then go for it!

if I went to a bon jovi concert I would totally dress up in 1987 clothes and hair! that is part of the fun yes?
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    I'm 44 and wouldn't.

Don't think you have the legs for it?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    The tag on the skirt doesn't have an age limit :wink: If you can rock it, wear it!
    Totally this!

I'm 30 and plan on getting a few for this summer :)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member