Guys: I have a question...help a girl out?

124»

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I forgot to ask, have you considered an eye patch? What about a pirate's hat?
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Save the makeover for when you go out with your friend. She will have a fun time making you over, and you will have a more fun time out with her because of it. For your date, go as you. This let's you say no, for now, without hurting a good friends feelings, and let's you plan a fun time with her another day. Win-win.
  • tmidd12
    tmidd12 Posts: 1
    No way! Not is she does herself up like that. The best thing to do is just go as your "normal" self. Not too done up, but not looking lijke a slouch either. Good luck!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    I'm not a guy but my two cents is don't let her make you over. You will not feel comfortable. I'm a minimal make up person and when I have too much on I feel like a clown. Be yourself - always!!!!

Oh....and I have fake boobs and fake nails. I love them both :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I’m single, will you date me?…hahahha just kidding. :laugh:

I have a date this weekend and my friend wants to give me a makeover for it. She is the type that wears the fake nails, big made up hair, fake eyelashes, tons of heavy makeup…the whole nine. She is beautiful don’t get me wrong. But I call her Barbie because everything on her is fake, yea even the boobs. Lol I on the other hand I am a mascara and lipstick kind of girl.:smile:

Once again she wants to give me a makeover. But I am afraid guys see through that kind of thing? What do you think? Do you care if a girl is heavily made-up? Is it a turn-off, do you prefer it? I’m so afraid one of my fake eyelashes will fall in his soup!!! :huh:

Your profile picture.

Yep. That.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 664 Member
    as corny as it sounds I say be yourself ... sure its nice to see the effort someone puts into a date but at the same time you don't want to misrepresent yourself. Go as you normally are don't send in your "PR representative" if he likes you than he'll like you without the make over.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    I was just amazed at how even though you were tryin to pay your friend a compliment you were still dissin on her by calling her fake. You could have just said she wanted to give you a makeover . I'm just sayin. To answer your question do a minimal amount of makeup . Make sure your hair looks great you smell great and have your best bra on showing lots of clevage. Nails lashes lots of makeup are really going to be paid attention to by other women. Men generally don't care
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,052 Member
    Go as yourself...

...and relax, it's a date. Thats all.

Enjoy.
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    I say go as yourself, if you don't the date will be an uncomfortable time for you and you really can't act like you normally would.

I personally don't like the fake look (including boobs, don't really care about the size as long as they are real), fake anything just has to come off some eventually and then what if the guy liked that and sees the normal you as a let down? Don't do that to yourself.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    i absolutely love make up & being a girly girl... looking fly, hair did, nails did, everything did, ((that's a quote from a song)) lol!! BUT, if that's not your style, then go how you feel most comfortable... she's not going to be able to make you over every single time you go out w/dude... so if you look super fab on date number one... & super natural on dates number two, three, etc... that would be inconsistent... good luck girl & have fun!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    I have friends who do full Monty makeup. I don't. When they give me a make over they don't make me look like them, the add more than I do but it's still not a lot, they make me look like me, they just wanna be a part of the day.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Do what makes YOU feel good, and find a mate who will appreciate you for you. Who the hell cares what any of us think?
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Don't dress up, but get vajazzled.

Put your effort into the things that the guy will care about.

Please tell me a hot glue gun isnt use for that process.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    I have friends who do full Monty makeup. I don't. When they give me a make over they don't make me look like them, the add more than I do but it's still not a lot, they make me look like me, they just wanna be a part of the day.

I like this answer. I feel like your friend probably just wants to be a part in helping you succeed on your date.

That being said, you might have to lay down some ground rules about what she can do to you but I would let her help you with a few things anyway. It doesn't hurt to do a little extra for a date. But just that a -little- extra...
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Don't dress up, but get vajazzled.

Put your effort into the things that the guy will care about.

Please tell me a hot glue gun isnt use for that process.
    Rivet gun.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    In case anyone cares...:laugh:

I did decide to go as myself :blushing:

As most of my dates it was........:yawn: ehhh. He was nothing spectacular and I don't really think I impressed him either. He was cute and tall but his personality was as exciting as a wet noodle :huh:

So back to the drawing board :grumble:

lol...thanx evryone for your input and advice :flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    My friends always say "oh let me do your makeup!" but generally speaking I prefer the way I do my own makeup. My friend has put eyeliner on me before and I hate it, and I don't wear fake nails or have a fake tan. Be yourself. There is nothing wrong with trying different makeup, but if you try it and it's not you, just say "thanks for doing that, but it's really not me," and wash it off.

You could always let her and then say "are you going to get mad if I don't like it?"
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    In case anyone cares...:laugh:

I did decide to go as myself :blushing:

As most of my dates it was........:yawn: ehhh. He was nothing spectacular and I don't really think I impressed him either. He was cute and tall but his personality was as exciting as a wet noodle :huh:

So back to the drawing board :grumble:

lol...thanx evryone for your input and advice :flowerforyou:

That's good you went as yourself though, I hate fake women. Too much make-up is false advertising, long fake nails are not at all attractive, and fake boobs are actually kind of a turn off if you can see the scars.