Dating sites

2»

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Have you looked into Events and Adventures? It's not an online site, but they set up get-togethers and outings where people can mingle. My brother-in-law met his fiancee through E&A and a good group of friends. Several in their group have gotten married to people they met through E&A.

I met my husband online. We were interested in a lot of the same things and hit it off immediately. I always hated clubs and bars unless I was just going to dance and drink and even then it wasn't a lot of fun for me. It was always so loud you never could actually talk to anyone and most of the guys I met just wanted to hook up.

ETA: I met my first husband at a bowling alley. He ended up being a big fat liar and I didn't find out until quite a while into the relationship. He was also abusive and more than I'll go into. So meeting someone face to face doesn't always mean that you'll get an honest idea of what they're about.

Exactly, a-holes are everywhere. Just because you meet someone face to face doesn't mean they are not a jerk, creeper, or a-hole. There's no difference really.

I used to be in the wedding business, for you old folks, you would be astonished at the numbers of 20-somethings that meet online. It amazed me all the time. I think, you're young, why were you on an online dating site. But, that's how they meet these days.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    I have a TON of online-dating experience! Not afraid to admit it :wink:
    In fact I have met several boyfriends, and a lot of awesome people. I had 2 or 3 online dates just last week LOL
    I never hear negative connotations, but maybe that's just the people that I talk to this stuff with.

I have tried a bunch of the sites and in my experience here is my ranking: best to worst:

1. OKCUPID (hands down the best and only one I use!)
    2. Match.com
    3. Zoosk
    4. Plenty of FIsh
    5. E Harmony

Oh, also I am the complete opposite as you on how long it takes to meet a person on there. I actually do NOT like to drag out the emails, phone calls, etc. If I think I like the dude online, I am happy to meet them ASAP and see if there is a connection in person. It's really not as creepy and dangerous as people say so I have no problem meeting up right away. (in public place first of course)

Good luck to you!
  • samanthanic0le
    samanthanic0le Posts: 81 Member
    Okcupid all the way. :) I met my fiance there!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I have a TON of online-dating experience! Not afraid to admit it :wink:
    In fact I have met several boyfriends, and a lot of awesome people. I had 2 or 3 online dates just last week LOL
    I never hear negative connotations, but maybe that's just the people that I talk to this stuff with.

I have tried a bunch of the sites and in my experience here is my ranking: best to worst:

1. OKCUPID (hands down the best and only one I use!)
    2. Match.com
    3. Zoosk
    4. Plenty of FIsh
    5. E Harmony

Oh, also I am the complete opposite as you on how long it takes to meet a person on there. I actually do NOT like to drag out the emails, phone calls, etc. If I think I like the dude online, I am happy to meet them ASAP and see if there is a connection in person. It's really not as creepy and dangerous as people say so I have no problem meeting up right away. (in public place first of course)

Good luck to you!

Interesting. The one thing I hear from women is that most guys want to meet immediately, and it turns them off. Hmmmmm. Never sure what to do. I just do it my way, and it works OK. I COULD NOT DATE multiple times a week. OMG. I'd go out of my mind. I'm thinking once a month or maybe once a quarter. I'm kind of on island time, brah.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    I used POF for a short while. Never found anyone worthwhile. Didn't even get to numbers stage with anyone. Then I met my ex, so I forgot about it. Now we've broken up, if I get desperate again, I might have a nosie around POF again. Unless the ex and I get back together ..
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Dude hit up da clubs n pubs no need for sittin at home bashin one out trust datin web sites r for da weirdos just get few new hobbys start hangin with new people n ya get ya end wet for sure sry for not answering your question the way u maybe hopin but just sayin wot I think peace

Was this post in English? I thought we had an English-only rule on this site? :noway:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I used POF awhile back. Had to weed through all the "ur hot" , "r u 42o friendly" , & "damn mami" messages. But I did actually meet one guy in person. But after a little casual dating, I decided he wasn't for me. I canceled my account back then but I actually just made a new account yesterday and thought I'd give it a try again.