Best way to get rid of upper butt fat?

13»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2018
    What a zombie thread.
    Sidesteal wrote: »
    Just keep working away at your whole body and it'll reduce. You can't spot reduce!

^ This is correct.

No disrespect towards the people recommending exercises, but in terms of actual reduction in fat, none of those will directly accomplish this. You need to eat at a calorie deficit and ideally you should exercise and lift weights as part of your program. Eventually your bodyfat will reduce.

Specific exercises CAN change the appearance of specific areas but they do not directly cause fat reduction in those areas.

Not correct! Don't give advice unless you have had this condition. It has nothing to do with physical activity but certain mineral deficiency which leads to disturbances in hormones. Your hormones estrogen, Insulin, testosterone, thyroid determine where the fat is stored. Unless you balnace out those hormones by reducing or consuming what you need exercise won't do anything. So She's talking about upper butt fat which in her case and MINE is more excessive than her lower part of the buttocks. In otherwords, High Fat storage in Gluteus Medius in comparison to the Gluteus maximus. Google Gluteus medius.

Wrong. He's right and he never said it had anything to do with physical activity.

It has to do with having excess fat. You create a calorie deficit, and over time, that fat will go away. Mine did.

• fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    My suggestion: "Work your butt off!"
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Eat less.

You can't spot reduce. Just eat at a calorie deficit for weight loss. Cardio for cardiovascular health, weight training for musculature.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    grKnG0p.png
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I had "upper butt fat" Im sure mine was from fat deposits caused by my familial hypercholesterolemia,they can cause them. I lost it by eating in a deficit and it came off when it wanted to. I had a shelf back there no joke. it had nothing to do with my hormones or anything else causing me to have a certain body type. it had nothing to do with mineral deficiencies or anything else. I had a vitamin D deficiency for years and when at a healthy weight I had no upper butt fat. genetics determine you body type. If you lost a good bit of weight and its still there it could be a lipoma or other issue causing it to still be there.

where you store fat can and often is genetic but health issues like mine can cause fat to be stored in odd places as well but it has to do with a genetic defect
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited November 2018
    No, I can't. Though let me know if you have a prob with side-butt fat :D.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »

ya mean saddlebags? if so I have some large ones lol
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member

Touche. Or is it toosh?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    BUTT you can't spot reduce. So no exercise is going to make the fat disappear. That would happen with a calorie deficit. Exercises and strength training will help define the muscles that are hiding under that fat.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member

Touche. Or is it toosh?

And in Canada it's 'tush eh'

Cheers, h.
    Can't believe I just replied to a zombie thread.

You and many of the rest of us! Where do these things come from?! :p
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »

Touche. Or is it toosh?

And in Canada it's 'tush eh'

Cheers, h.
    Can't believe I just replied to a zombie thread.

You and many of the rest of us! Where do these things come from?! :p

They're always these off the wall topics, too. At least they're usually good for a laugh!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    It is not so much that a thread has been resurrected that amuses/bemuses me.

Occasionally it is a worthwhile resurection because of previous content.

It is the trying to give someone advice when they haven't logged in since August 2014.

Is it time for the kitty pics yet?

Cheers, h.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    In with puppy pics before @pinuplove can do the kitty pics.

e3tmivl718dr.jpg
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited November 2018
    In with puppy pics before @pinuplove can do the kitty pics.

This is better than I expected when I saw @Tacklewasher had tagged me in a thread about butt fat :tongue:

dbwqi9jmt067.jpg
  • middlehaitch
    Nice puppies, but Father Christmas already! Even the malls here haven't got around to that yet.
    Oops, Costco has started with the toys and decorations, I guess your OK then, even if I am shuddering.

Cheers, h.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Nice puppies, but Father Christmas already! Even the malls here haven't got around to that yet.
    Oops, Costco has started with the toys and decorations, I guess your OK then, even if I am shuddering.

Cheers, h.

It's from a couple of years ago. And if you look closely, you'll see it's Mother Christmas.

Neighbors have lights up already. I think I'm putting mine up Monday (or so I'm told).

But it was the first one I found on my computer.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member

Cheers, h.

Are you kidding? Walmart has had the Christmas stuff out for almost a month already. A whole section of the store dedicated to it.
  • middlehaitch
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Cheers, h.

Are you kidding? Walmart has had the Christmas stuff out for almost a month already. A whole section of the store dedicated to it.

Blooming heck, I'm going to have to cut gym time down so I can shop more. So out of the loop.

Cheers, h.