The gym that causes me marriage stress!!

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    :tongue: this made me smile... I agree with others, perhaps another type of date might work better for you two.:wink::flowerforyou:
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    too funny...i thought i wanted my husband to work out with me. now that i finally got him to join me a few times i realize what a horrible idea that was! totally prefer working out alone...
  • mrsladybrewer
    mrsladybrewer Posts: 70 Member
    My husband have one day a week we go to the gym together - and we lift weights together. BUT, there is no chit-chat. We are there to spot each other, to get killer lift day in, push each other, and him to teach me. If I got all girly on him about it, he would be sure to nix it right away.
  • zilea
    zilea Posts: 31 Member
    WORKing out = not unlike work. You don't bring your partners to work with you and let them hoover over you while you try to be as productive as you know you can and should be and the same rule goes for the gym. My husband and I occasionally go to the gym together, but we say goodbye at the locker rooms and agree to meet in the lobby within an hour or two, depending on how much time we have. If the stars are aligned, we'll both be on the mats stretching at the same time and we'll help each other stretch. Address the root issues and feelings within your wife that are there if you can. If she's missing you, organize a date. If she's feeling insecure about her own exercise, encourage her to go ahead with her own classes. Whatever you do, keep up with your own routine.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    yowsers, me and my BF don't go together, we are on different schedules , and if we do, I don't bother him, and he does not bother me , I totally get it, I like to be left alone when I workout
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Not sure why this got bumped again but it was fun to read thru some of the responses and see names of people that aren't active anymore. So much turnover.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    dead_thread2.jpg
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    hahahahaha Gotta love us girls!

This will take some patience on your part, but why don't you have her start lifting WITH you?? Start teaching her....Eventually she'll know what to do on her own and you guys will be the cute lifting couple at the gym! :drinker:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Not sure why this got bumped again but it was fun to read thru some of the responses and see names of people that aren't active anymore. So much turnover.

lmao. Yeah..some threads..don't mind when it gets revived because at least it prevents 100 new ones..but..this one was pretty person specific...hahahaha. I do hope the guy and his wife were able to gym in harmony. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Oh wow, I'd never sign my boyfriend up for Zumba without asking him first, or anything for that matter unless it was something I knew he enjoyed. How rude.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    wish this guy would come back
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    wish this guy would come back

You rang. Sorry, work has been so busy. We had high turn over and lost about a 1/3 of our staff.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    It was great that someone brought this thread back up. Funny to read again :)
  • d2footballJRC
    Well this story didn't end up having the happiest of endings. By that I mean Zumba went under at the gym for not enough people :-D
  • gsmithnp
    gsmithnp Posts: 139 Member
    But the real question is...

Are you on speaking terms with the wife yet?
  • d2footballJRC
    But the real question is...

Are you on speaking terms with the wife yet?

It Ebbs and Flows.
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    lol def get her a personal trainer she can talk to them while u do your thing. I lift with my hubby he always challenges me and I go harder. Lift big eat big he says. I don't bother him though we barely talk we have our headphones in and I look at him if I need a nod yes that I have proper form lol

couples that workout together stay together

check out my facebook page for me and my hubby coming up in the world of fitness competitions. we post workouts, diets, and daily motivators
    www.facebook.com/teamobenchain
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Divorce is the only viable option, at this point.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    I can picture all of this and it makes me LOL...too funny. :laugh:
  • d2footballJRC
    Divorce is the only viable option, at this point.

If you only knew!!