10-week challenge

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    I want to hit the 20% mark, too. I haven't even measured (yet) through this whole process. I can tell by the way my body looks in the mirror that I am NOT at 20% (or near it).

I finish up with Stage 5, today. Am glad. Am bored with it - although I MUCH prefer work-out "B" to "A" and it is "B" today! Yay!
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    I would like to understand what I am doing.

:)
  • Beeps2011
    I am officially down 5 pounds!

Now, that is counting from xmas-time....so, don't get all excited!! (It didn't all happen in this 10-week-challenge is what I'm saying.)

But, I *am* convinced it is 5 lbs of PURE FAT LOSS. So, that's a very good thing. Every inch of fat that melts away gives the chance for my (developing) muscles to peek through.

I'd like to be down another 8 - 10 lbs, I think - but only of PURE FAT LOSS. It might take me until December 31, 2012 to do this....
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    I am officially down 5 pounds!

Now, that is counting from xmas-time....so, don't get all excited!! (It didn't all happen in this 10-week-challenge is what I'm saying.)

But, I *am* convinced it is 5 lbs of PURE FAT LOSS. So, that's a very good thing. Every inch of fat that melts away gives the chance for my (developing) muscles to peek through.

I'd like to be down another 8 - 10 lbs, I think - but only of PURE FAT LOSS. It might take me until December 31, 2012 to do this....

You amaze me! I know it's hard to stick with it when it's slow moving, but you have remained committed and it's paying off!

I suck. Hard. Went on vacation and stopped eating beans (why does this stupid goal make me laugh?). I actually have a bag ready to go in my freezer, but I'd rather eat hair right now. :) I have taken Melatonin to put myself to sleep a few times, but I'm still sucking at going to bed at a decent hour. And I"m back on 2 bowls of cereal a day. Darn it! I was doing good for awhile and am slowly creeping back to old habits. Grrr!
  • Beeps2011
    Geezuz, Tawnya, if I looked like you in a bikini, I wouldn't be posting here, that's for sure....I'd be parading up and down MAIN STREET and hollering from the roof-tops!

So, you are WAY ahead of me in the "looks" department.

And that's all I'm saying about that.
  • Beeps2011
    PS - I've NEVER worn a bikini.

Well, that's not quite true...I put one on when I was 16 and my boyfriend (at the time) said, "you are flat as a board, go take that thing off...."

And, now, I don't even know if I could EVER think about wearing a bikini.

I'm a tankini mom. That's REALLY BORING, isn't it??
  • mstawnya
    PS - I've NEVER worn a bikini.

Well, that's not quite true...I put one on when I was 16 and my boyfriend (at the time) said, "you are flat as a board, go take that thing off...."

And, now, I don't even know if I could EVER think about wearing a bikini.

I'm a tankini mom. That's REALLY BORING, isn't it??

I am a total tankini mom.! I just wore that suit when we went to Miami and I knew I wouldn't see anyone I knew. :) .Wait-I take that back. I'll sometimes wear one at the cabin if it's just the family hanging out, but I have either been pregnant or nursing a baby for the past 9 years so bikinis weren't really an option for me. I actually found that bikini top at Target for $7 so I couldn't pass it up. It's super padded and has ruffles to add some fluff to the girls. :)
  • mstawnya
    Geezuz, Tawnya, if I looked like you in a bikini, I wouldn't be posting here, that's for sure....I'd be parading up and down MAIN STREET and hollering from the roof-tops!

So, you are WAY ahead of me in the "looks" department.

And that's all I'm saying about that.

And PS I love you.
  • Beeps2011
    :smile:
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Tawnya - I totally agree with Beeps, you look awesome!!

Beeps - 1 lb a month a great with maintaining muscle mass! Congrats on the 5 lbs!!!

I wore a bikini like 20 years ago and only at the insistence of my hubby (then boyfriend). I've never been comfortable in one. I'm a tankini mom also.

I love getting compliments! I had a female co-worker tell me she could bounce quarter off my calves and had a guy co-worker tell me I was looking more "toned". Makes me feel so awesome!!
  • Beeps2011
    Those are *awesome* compliments, jennie....I must confess, I am not getting any compliments, of late. Oh well.

I'm meeting with my personal trainer, today, to do a walk-through of 5 of the moves in Stage 6 that I am not familiar with....so, it's kind of a *fun* lifting day. On Monday, I hit Stage 6 with FULL KNOWLEDGE of what I'm in for!
  • Beeps2011
    There's only about 2.5 weeks left in this challenge. I still aim to be down about 5 lbs. (that's 5 lbs. of FAT loss, not MUSCLE loss).

I'm not sure anyone is left in this challenge....but, if you are, let me know how it's going.

What will you do AFTER this challenge?? (To make sure you don't back-slide and give up ALL of your HARD EFFORTS!)
  • jenniet04
    I'm still here. Doing pretty good - I've lost a couple lbs and I can see that my BF% is trending down still. Weekends are still my biggest downfall and this next 6 weeks will be a real test during the week. I have 3 boys playing baseball - 2 on M/W and 1 on T/TH - all games start at 6:00 and they have to be there by 5:30 and they are about 2 hours long so don't get home until at least 8:30. This means hubby has to do all the cooking, which means not necessarily the healthiest foods. So I need to work on getting weekly menus set up for him.

Hopefully the group that I have been in challenges with over the past 6 months will start another one. Everyone was ready for a break last month, but wanted to do another one this month. Either way, I'm pretty good and keeping myself motivated - after all, I'm doing this for me!
  • mstawnya
    Still here. Does eating re-fried beans from a Mexican restaurant count? :) Oh-and I actually went to bed at 10:45 last night and only ate a tablespoon of Crunchberries cereal. It's the small victories, right?
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    I'm still around although I've been a little mia the last couple weeks. I haven't lost any weight but I'm finally starting to feel like my clothes are fitting better and that I'm looking better. I'm hoping the scale will start to catch up with that soon!

After this, I don't know! I'm planning to keep going with the program, I will be starting stage 4 in the first week of July.

Personally, I'm feeling the time crunch of summer social activities and I'm concerned this may derail me a bit. I've already gone from 5 days a week of exercise down to 4 in the last couple weeks and that doesn't look to improve anytime soon. I need to focus on making the time commitment to get in my exercise even if it means getting up early so I have free time in the evenings!
  • Beeps2011
    I f*cking hate the scale. I'm up 1.5 lbs since last week, and I'm eating less-and-less every damn day. Enuff said.
  • jenniet04
    You're right, the scale does suck!! You should just throw it out :wink:

This is why I didn't have one for the longest time, then I realized I was just in denial, but at that point I was 50 lbs overweight. The last 10 lbs totally sucks!
  • Beeps2011
    ...especially if the "last 10 lbs" turns into the "last 15 lbs"...and so on.

I *officially* HATE THIS CHALLENGE.

(And, I started it, lol.)

Well, at some point, I'm going to have to give myself a weight-break and hit the cardio HARD, just to get rid of water-weight and try and figure out what I ACTUALLY weigh.

'Cuz. This. Sucks.
  • Beeps2011
    Well, the end of this challenge is in sight. Can't say I've managed to hit my goals....but, I did try and "keep it honest" throughout. With 12 days left, I'll just pour it on, as best I can, and the results will be what they are going to be!
  • Hmmm.... wonder if i can get lipo in the next 12 days... Its the only way ill bloody lose inches!!