Going to get the GOAL

Hi. I just joined this site however I am not new to the dieting world. I have started many diets, counting calories, etc. Sometimes I am successful other times I am not. Well I am back on again because of a work contest. I guess sharing my weight with coworkers is becoming a new motivation tool for me to stay focused. With that being said I know power comes in numbers. If you are motivating, have great tips on meals, low carb ideas, weight training exercises, I would love to be your friend so I can learn what works for you and it may just work for me. Please let me know if I can add you.

Best of luck to us ALL!

Replies

• tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    I have been there with the multiple failed diets. This time I am in this for the long haul. Down 22 lbs with 40 to go. I am on daily, keep an open diary. I love to share recipes with people. I am big on sharing support as well. Feel free to send a ffriend req and I will add you!
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    I'm doing the work-weight-loss thing with some coworkers. We do it on a week to week basis. A dollar a week, who every does the best that week gets the pot. It is going pretty well.

I don't really look at this as a diet thing..more of a journey to make the healthy stuff an invisible part of my life...something that I do without really thinking about it. Make it so that it facilitates my life instead of being my life. Realized I was well entrenched in the "older, fatter" paradigm, realized I was okay with the older part (looking forward to being a cranky old man) but needed to stop the fatter part. So far it seems to be working.

I don't know if I have any tips but I can be pretty encouraging, if in no other way than as a "if that broken old man can do it so can I" type of example..feel free to add me if you want.
  • riznee
    riznee Posts: 4
    Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed readying both of your stories and it goes to show we all have different reason and challenges. I have added you both as friends - hear is to us!
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Here's to us...may there be less of us to cheer for on the morrow.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Don't think of it as a "diet" it's a change of life. If you just do a diet to lose the weight it won't stay off. I've been a yo-yo dieter but this time it's a change to the way I live, eat, etc.

Good luck on your journey !