Muscular Women

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Got a question for the women (and men) that have muscles. I've tried to get the muscled look, and I surprised a trainer one time with how strong I am, but I couldn't get the cut look. Even as light as I was. I'm 5'5". Like I said, strong as heck, but no defention.
    How do you get that?

Diet sadly. Eat at a calorie deficit, lift, protein.

At the time I was on a higher protein diet. I was also running 4 miles about 2-3 times a week. I aways jokingly said its because I'm ghost white. I say I'm transparency girl.:laugh:

There's some things I want to say but I don't want all the full on 'CARDIO RAWR!!!!' Lindas to come out of the woodwork lol.

But what I can say, is that your diet needed to be a lot more controlled than just higher protein. For a woman, getting to very low bodyfat percentages (meaning below 15%) isn't just a challenge, it's Mount Everest. I would bet the majority of women posting that lift heavy are in the 15%-25% range. Women simply have more bodyfat than men, and are designed to hold onto it.
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    I like toned. I jiggled long enough. :wink:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    I`m working on mine :) love my newly forming look
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    <3

All those who disagree prepare for a barbell up the *kitten*.

That's if the person baring the barbell can catch them first ;)

haha! Oh no! It's the cardio vs. weights fight!

someone fill up the mud pit! I'm grabbing a little something to sip on...this is gonna be AWESOME!!! I simply request you both wear bikinis for my own personal enjoyment since you *both* look amazing to me!

For the record, I believe the best work out includes both cardio and weightlifitng. Both have had incredible impact on my life and wellness. Both have problems too.... i'm just remembering my kung fu instructor saying that you get a runner in who never stretches or a body builder who looks all tough and neither can do proper self defense because they never stretched. So don't forget to stretch!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Strong is the new skinny & muscled body is the new sexy. I've been training hard to gain some muscles & sculpt my body to show off more curves. So far I have a toned body & everyone says I look well-toned with a little muscle definition. Despite making 8 pull-ups, 30 push-ups, deadlifting & squatting 75 lbs., bench pressing & lunging 60 lbs. etc., my body still look feminine.

Amici0281.jpg
    Amici029.jpg
    8336780_1381.jpg

Strong & muscular women rocks! :drinker:

EDIT: last picture is the most recent one just taken last week
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Glad I posted this :) So many interesting perspectives on ladies with muscles.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Strong is the new skinny & muscled body is the new sexy. I've been training hard to gain some muscles & sculpt my body to show off more curves. So far I have a toned body & everyone says I look well-toned with a little muscle definition. Despite making 8 pull-ups, 30 push-ups, deadlifting & squatting 75 lbs., bench pressing & lunging 60 lbs. etc., my body still look feminine.

Strong & muscular women rocks! :drinker:

^^I agree with this.

I'm squating more than my weight, dead lifting just shy of my weight, bench pressing as much as my 10 year old son and I still look like a girl. In fact, I still look like a slightly pudgy girl. I also do HIIT/Run 3 x's a week.
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Hell yes!
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Me as a "bigger version" of myself

COLLAGE.jpg

Me as a cardio queen with little weights...

fatty7-1-1.jpg

and me now after lifting heavy and little cardio....

Picnikcollage-3.jpg

weights can be a girls best friend..... 137lbs at 5'4"
  • leanandmean2012
    leanandmean2012 Posts: 179 Member
    Beautiful ladies :)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Me as a "bigger version" of myself

COLLAGE.jpg

Me as a cardio queen with little weights...

fatty7-1-1.jpg

and me now after lifting heavy and little cardio....

Picnikcollage-3.jpg

weights can be a girls best friend..... 137lbs at 5'4"

i'm 5'4", 128 lbs. I would KILL to look as good as you!!!!!!!!!!! ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    <3

All those who disagree prepare for a barbell up the *kitten*.

That's if the person baring the barbell can catch them first ;)

haha! Oh no! It's the cardio vs. weights fight!

someone fill up the mud pit! I'm grabbing a little something to sip on...this is gonna be AWESOME!!! I simply request you both wear bikinis for my own personal enjoyment since you *both* look amazing to me!

For the record, I believe the best work out includes both cardio and weightlifitng. Both have had incredible impact on my life and wellness. Both have problems too.... i'm just remembering my kung fu instructor saying that you get a runner in who never stretches or a body builder who looks all tough and neither can do proper self defense because they never stretched. So don't forget to stretch!
    I do a hell of a lot of cardio and the odd weight session.

I never stretch, haven't done since I left karate :)
  • aquitania
    aquitania Posts: 92 Member
    I would like to ask you guys something. I would like to be muscular and good looking. Yes, i'm NOT afraid of muscles! :-)

But, as i am not a member of any gym, and at this moment it's impossible for me to get a membership (financial problems and also some other problems, it's complicated). But, i would like to work on something even if i can't go to a gym. I bought a latex band and have been exercising with it a bit, and i liked it very much. But the question is, will i achieve with it what i would like to achieve, or is a gym absolutely neccesary to become beautifully muscled?

Thanks in advance for your answers! ;-)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I'm muscular under this layer of fat :laugh:
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    I love it. Women with natural (non-steroid) muscles rock. It's not only attractive to me, but if I were single, it would be cool to go out to dinner with a lady who looks good and only wants to eat a salad.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    YES YES YES
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 256 Member
    Working on it and getting closer everyday!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Got a question for the women (and men) that have muscles. I've tried to get the muscled look, and I surprised a trainer one time with how strong I am, but I couldn't get the cut look. Even as light as I was. I'm 5'5". Like I said, strong as heck, but no defention.
    How do you get that?

Diet sadly. Eat at a calorie deficit, lift, protein.

At the time I was on a higher protein diet. I was also running 4 miles about 2-3 times a week. I aways jokingly said its because I'm ghost white. I say I'm transparency girl.:laugh:

*cough**nudge**cough*
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Nothing finer than a muscular toned lady!!! Makes my eyes and my heart smile!!! Love love love em'!!!!!Keep on lifting ladies!!
  • They are coming along quite nicely.