Eating the same foods

2»

Replies

• i generally eat the same things especially during the week. I know there good and i'm losing weight. I think its ok to eat the same things
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Unless it's a McBurger, large fires & shake for lunch every day I don't think it should make much of a difference.

I tend to have pretty much the same breakfast daily (cereal, banana, yogurt), a limited range of lunches (sandwiches & fresh fruit) and then a little more variety for dinner.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    So long as the food is healthy and provides adequate nutrients, I think that less variety is better. When I encounter new foods I want to sample everything and often overeat.

I think it's fine to stick to a core of say, 4 to 6 basic meals. It can never hurt to take a multivitamin.

It's helpful to have a stable of meals whose calorie content is not in question.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    I eat the exact same thing for breakfast every week day (Starbucks oatmeal made with nonfat milk with the brown sugar and nut topping). I've lost 22 lbs since February 21st, so it hasn't bothered me! :)

I tend to eat the same thing too. If I order lunch from a restaurant or stand, I tend to order the same thing after a little experimentation. I think I like having something that's stable in my life.