Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Burn Farm

Very intense so far......
  • SweetNaughtyLips
    SweetNaughtyLips Posts: 374 Member
    I've been reading TEXTBOOKS "BOOOO" :sad:

After reading everyone's post...I decided to hop on Barnes & Noble to pick up "50 Shades of Grey" for my Nook and I think it'll be a book to enjoy :blushing:

9821387.png
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    I'm reading 50 Shades of Grey and I am struggling with it.I'm probably a little more than half way through it and I am finding it to be boring, the main characters are annoying the crap out of me and the sex that I've read so far is tame. I am probably the only woman out there who is struggling with the book and isn't head over heels in love with it.

I'm a writer myself and I'm working on a few Erotic Fiction novels and I hate to say it but the sex that I write is way hotter and a LOT raunchier than the stuff I've read so far.
    I'm not head over heels over it either...it's intrigueing, but I posted a few comments back that the author's repetitious phrases are bugging the hell out of me! lol!

Is any of your work published/available yet?

Oh...and posted this to my facebook last night...it was funny! "Ellen Reads '50 Shades of Grey'" lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3JCwnwHbU
  • I'm half reading chapter 15 of my own fan fiction (struggling to get this chapter done!), I've just finished Harlan Cobens' "Stay Close" and I'm now reading "Once Bitter, Twice Shy" by Jennifer Rardin.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    I'm reading 50 Shades of Grey and I am struggling with it.I'm probably a little more than half way through it and I am finding it to be boring, the main characters are annoying the crap out of me and the sex that I've read so far is tame. I am probably the only woman out there who is struggling with the book and isn't head over heels in love with it.

I'm a writer myself and I'm working on a few Erotic Fiction novels and I hate to say it but the sex that I write is way hotter and a LOT raunchier than the stuff I've read so far.
    I'm not head over heels over it either...it's intrigueing, but I posted a few comments back that the author's repetitious phrases are bugging the hell out of me! lol!

Oh...and posted this to my facebook last night...it was funny! "Ellen Reads '50 Shades of Grey'" lol

Not published yet. Still working on it. I'm probably about half way through one piece of work which I've sent off to a friend for his review so far.

I'm so tired of hearing about the "Inner Goddess" waiving her pom poms and her subconscious mind tapping her foot and frowning. *rolls eyes* Also I am finding it hard to believe that someone who is in the BDSM lifestyle and is looking for a Sub would really cave in and give the concessions that he's been giving Anastasia.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member

I'm finishing it up too, try to hang in there. I was getting a bit bored too but it gets better and I can tell SOMETHING is about to happen. But holy hottness Mr. Gray! :love: :devil:
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Just finished up Love in the Time of Cholera. Not sure what's next probably from the stack of Ken Follet books I still need to get to or the stack of Early American History books.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Currently recently returned to the Game of Thrones series--it's a bit of a beast. Somewhere in the middle of book 4, A Feast for Crows .

Also reading for work Boundaries of Privacy: Dialectics of Disclosure . Who doesn't love a little communication studies theory now and again? :grumble:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    A not so enthralling technical book for work. Will try to catch up on some back issues of Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, or maybe Cemetery Dance.
  • HeyHeyRae
    HeyHeyRae Posts: 48
    I am reading the Stephanie Plum novels! I just finished book #14! I love the character, she is so funny and never seems to get any smarter about her job or men! Did you like the movie?

I'm unfortunately the only loser in love with the books who did NOT see the movie! I was thinking of looking it up on Hulu or Netflix though.... Was it good? I freaking LOVE all the characters in that series. If I could find a Ranger of my own... lord have mercy we'd never see the outside of our bedroom LMAO!!!