I don't understand........

14567810»

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    That's funny because I saw word for word what you posted earlier on livestrong when I searched on google what you posted.
    Everything I read on Livestrong.com is true! Come up with a real source next time.
    orlly? Source?

Peanuts are one of the most toxic foods one can eat and it is highly inflammatory. Makes it unhealthy in my book and does not go in my shopping cart or dot the door to my home.

Peanuts are toxic to those allergic to it....

in regards to your higly inflammatory..

Peanut butter provides 4.5 g polyunsaturated fats per serving that may also lower your inflammation, according to the Linus Pauling Institute Micronutrient Information Center

I posted about the high Omega 6 in peanuts, not healthy.

I didn't read anything on Livestrong.

I happened to learn this in a holistic Nutrition class. I am certified as a Holistic Nutrition Educator, thank you very much. I teach classes in my local area also.

Do some research on how the Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio should be and where Americans generally lie in that, way off.

Peanut butter is one thing that many Americans eat a LOT of and it is throwing off the ratio, not to mention the mold.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Well I don't use livestrong for anything, it is a worthless website to me. My reference pages i have saved are from scientists, doctors and other professionals.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    It happens to me a lot. If I don't have snacks or higher calorie breakfasts/lunches, I will have a huge deficit in the evening after I eat dinner. That usually happens when I'm super busy or stressed due to family issues and don't even notice or take the time to eat snacks. I exercise a lot and I eat when I'm hungry, plus 3 meals a day. There is no more ROOM in my stomach and I refuse to stuff myself just because I have exercise calories. I will however, wake up starving, really enjoy my breakfast and try to do better the next day! Also, I have tons of energy, my muscles are not wasting away and I've lost 33lbs and feel great.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Peanuts are one of the most toxic foods one can eat and it is highly inflammatory. Makes it unhealthy in my book and does not go in my shopping cart or dot the door to my home.

lol. Nuts and berries...nuts and berries

Berries are not contaminated with mold and you can grow them organically.

That was just a jest. People relied on nuts and berries for thousands of year...as they say.

However, peanuts are not nuts - they are legumes and they are highly inflammatory when the rest of the eating plan is not balanced in the realm of Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Yeah I know but when I say peanut butter I basically mean any butter made from a nut, or a peanut.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    I love that this thread turned into a debate about the health benefits of peanut butter.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    I love that this thread turned into a debate about the health benefits of peanut butter.

Me too! Now if only we can debate bacon as well. My day would be complete.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I have a hard time eating back all my calories, especially when I have a HUGE burn. Plus the fact that I'm not eating chips and candy anymore, it's hard to reach your goal on veggies and lean meat. I also work out in the evening...so coming home at 9:00pm and you have 1100 calories to eat is tough...a lot of times I don't know how many calories I'm going to burn in the gym, I could eat 500 over my limit and then burn it off, but I can't wrap my head around that, plus there isn't enough time in the day to eat almost 3000 calories in a healthy way. I just make sure that I'm NET 1200 (which usually means I've eating 2200 calories in food) after my work out and drink tons of water. I try and be under my calories goals but not by that much, and non-weight lifting days I have no problems reaching my goals, and I don't bat an eyelash if I'm 200 calories over.