After working out what do you eat for protein?

13»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    dinner, usually
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    I like to eat plain yogurt with some peanutbutter and honey stirred in.

omg that sounds delic! I don't know why i've never done that before:love:
    mind=blown

It is really good. Sweet and salty :)
    I take 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, and 1/2 Tbsp each of natural peanutbutter and honey. Less than 150 cal. and really filling.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Meat. and also meat.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Cliff Protein Bars are FABULOUS. The chocolate mint and chocolate peanut butter are so tasty.
    Also, FAGE greek yogurt with honey.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Usually a protein shake made with a scoop of whey, 1/2 a banana, 1 cup of milk / almond milk, 1 tbls peanut butter, some spinach, and sometimes 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt. It's fun to add in a small spoonful of pudding mix too sometimes. :D

That sounds awesome!!!(:
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Y'all gave me some great ideas!!! Muchos gracias(:
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    green veggies, small sweet potatoe, and some lean piece of meat.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    A protein shake with some PB2 mixed in for a nice 55g of protein. I'm not sure what the minimum amount of protein we should be shooting for after a workout (heavy lifting)? *IF* I could choke down a couple of eggs after a workout, that's only about 12g of protein. Two tbs of peanut butter is 8g.
  • jules1202
    jules1202 Posts: 65
    You need to fuel your body with amino acids ( protiens) after work out to rebuild the muscles and eggs are wonderful natural source of the protien.Whey 100% protien powder is most common protien source used by many , I have stopped it cos I read somewhere about some unhealthy side effects of its consumption. :smile:

Me too. :) I work out in the evening before dinner so I will usually eat some almonds while making dinner (usually lean meat, beans, and steam veggies)

I read recently chocolate milk is a really good post workout snack but there are lots of other great ideas here including yogurt and PB.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    I have a protein shake