The Partial Shave

1235»

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    I suppose the fact that the El Camino was popular is proof that things appeal to some and not to others.

You KEEP WALKIN' if you're gonna insult the El Camino, buddy! Just ... KEEP WALKIN'!

No, no! I AM a fan of the El Camino. Car, truck ... I couldn't make up my mind. It's other things that I'm particular about. Got a '70 El Camino w/ factory 4-speed (non SS). It's just that when it comes to hair, I like it a little better when it's one way or the other ... just not both. I did, however, experience a grilled cheese sandwich the other day that had bacon and green apples on it ... yummy stuff. I'll try to keep an open mind. :happy:

Just Googled El Camino and I love those damn things.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    What do you think? Yay or nay?

This I LOVE:
    download.jpg

This is a wee bit too much for me:
    images1.jpg

They look hideous, but this chick on the other hand

skrillex_jpg_630x689_q85.jpg
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    woof
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Personally I would just pull my hair to the side and slick it back to get the affect instead of shaving it but to each to their own. :)
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    I love the look...Granted it is not for everyone...Definitely need to be a stylish woman...to pull that off...I like both girls look....
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    What do you think? Yay or nay?

This I LOVE:
    download.jpg

This is a wee bit too much for me:
    images1.jpg

They look hideous, but this chick on the other hand

skrillex_jpg_630x689_q85.jpg
    :laugh:
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    I LOVE the first one! The second one is a bit much, but if you're going for the first, I say yes!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    It looks cute but it will look bad growing out. Plus you can achieve the same effect without shaving.

My theory on the growing out process though, is you can just change your part to the other side and have your "long" hair cover the growing part.

^^ This for sure

I think it's cute (the first one)
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Was anyone else disappointed when they opened this thread?

And to the question...there is a reason this look died the first time. People finally awoke one day, ripped off their Chess King threads, and said "God Lord, what has become of us?"
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    <<< My hair currently... I dye the two parts different colours to get more of a dynamic between the shaved side and the rest of my hair.

I'm dying it all one natural looking colour soon as I'm going to start growing it out.

I have really thick hair too so I have the added benefit of parting it on the other side to cover up if I need to look a bit more mature. No one can tell I have a shaved head then! ;)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    for myself, I'm way too chicken to do anything outside of the mainstream on my own head. I've never colored it anything except blond. I wore it all one length to my *kitten* for about a decade before I was brave enough to even have layers (I thought layers=Farrah :noway: ). I'm the opposite of adventurous with my hair.

HOWEVER.....................
    On badass chicks, like you, Em, you can carry it off, and if you love it, GO FOR IT!
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    I Love it, it can look really great and I have had it done before, but it SUCKS to grow back out again, esp when it gets to medium length, and the rest of your hair its much longer, its really awkward...I ended up going much shorter all over cause I couldn't cope with the growing out period. But that's my only negative to it!