26.2 .... DONE!

2»

Replies

• DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    You have to be ecstatic! I can't imagine what it felt like. Hope I find out soon. Fantastic!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    great stuff. i ran my 1st marathon 2 weeks ago too, and my thighs were shocking for about 2 days! i couldn't sit down or stand up! but it's over now! congrats!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    great stuff. i ran my 1st marathon 2 weeks ago too, and my thighs were shocking for about 2 days! i couldn't sit down or stand up! but it's over now! congrats!

Congrats! Mine lasted 3 days. It feels so good to work out again, even if it's on the light side. All week people were asking if I'd do this again and my answer was "I'm not so sure, probably not" and now that I feel better my answer has changed to "probably, I know I can do better." :)
  • stonea22
    stonea22 Posts: 46
    Great job!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    I could barely walk after my first marathon....running was out of the question. I just tried to walk around as much as possible to keep my legs loose. I probably took 2-3 full weeks off from running.

I do have to say the more marathons you do, the faster you recover. Last year after my 4th full I really wasn't that sore at all, I think I was out doing a 3 mile run 2 days later. Your body apparently gets used to whatever you put it through on a regular basis. LOL!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Congratulations!
  • SweatpantsRebellion
    SweatpantsRebellion Posts: 754 Member
    Great job. That's such an awesome accomplishment!