• quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Hamburgers!

Corner Bistro (cheaper)
    Brooklyn Diner (pricier)

Best in the world.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Love love love NY. We walked just about eveywhere, and didn't gain an ounce.:wink:

There's a great historic village on Statten Island, well worth a visit if you like history, easy to get to on public transport, and theres a Tibbetan museum on the island too, but that takes a bit of finding.

A good guide book is 'The 100 Best Dive Bars in NY', it took us round areas we would never have found, and into a few really good bars.:wink:

Ellis Island, for the immigrants story.

The Tenament Museum is another one thats well worth a visit, we had a wonderful old lady as a guide who had lived there as a very small child.

The Strand bookshop, a haven for bookworms.:smile:

I'll not mention the obvious, the shows, the MET ect. But I will say Central Park is worth spending the day in, just wandering round.
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Top of the Rock skyscraper and 'The Beast' ride on Hadson :smile:
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    oh God there's so much! lol. Anyone have a good recommendation for 'must try' food?

So far the only plan is to see phantom of the opera. I've wanted to see it since I was a kid.

I cried at Phantom of the Opera!!!! My favorite thing I did in NYC!

Bonus that I got to see the Naked Cowboy while on my way there!!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Carolines and UCB!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    I spent a week in NYC last year for my birthday. I went to see a taping of Letterman, Top of The Rock, Central Park, Brooklyn Bridge is a must if you are an amateur photographer but you need to find a view of it from 3 or 4 blocks up or down stream. I searched all over Manhattan for a black & white cookie. The best way to get good photos of the Statue of Liberty is from the Staten Island ferry, just step outside the rear doors as the ferry is going away from the statue. There is much to do there. You'll have a blast.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    What is "the beast" ride?

Thanks guys. Does anyone have any more less touristy things they enjoyed? So far we want to see phantom of the opera but are afraid to buy tickets because its foggy here and planes havent left or came for days lol
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    CNN no longer offers the studio tour in NYC, but if you're interested in that type of thing, NBC studios has one.