MASTER CLEANSE....

124»

Replies

• rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    not worth it..you can eat healthy and get the same results. i did it before for 2 weeks and like other people said the weight came right back on. I seriously have lost more weight eating right and working out...just takes a little longer but way more worth it.
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    [/quote]
    In cannibal circles, they call this cleanse "marinating".
    [/quote]

LMAO..Its like cleaning out pig intestines(chitlings) gross!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    In cannibal circles, they call this cleanse "marinating".
    LMAO..Its like cleaning out pig intestines(chitlings) gross!
    Maybe the farmers should use the cleanse for a few days before sending them to slaughter. :laugh:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes, starve yourself and you will lose weight. I did the MC. I lost about 10 pounds but my digestion has never quite recovered. It isn't worth it.

^^^^ This.

I've fasted before, and this is nothing more than fasting with straight sugar to keep your glycogen up. The weight you'll be losing will be fat and muscle, probably in about equal proportions. You probably WILL lose weight, but you'll be "cleansing" yourself of vital nutrients and making up for it by forcing your glycogen levels artificially high. You'll feel sick at first because your body is trying to metabolize things that aren't there, then your body will adapt to burning pure glycogen, and it'll need to dip into protein reserves to do it since you aren't feeding it any. Drink lots of water because your liver and kidneys are working hard during this.

It's your body. If you want to try it, try it. Be sure you are very careful coming out of it - you've just dropped a lot of weight very fast and you've been supporting your metabolism with sugar. Food you eat is going to go straight to fat because your body will have to re-adapt to metabolizing proteins and fats again instead of dipping into internal stores. As the sugars your body has come to depend on go away, you'll get sick again as your body re-adapts. If you're not careful with your caloric intake, you'll gain the weight back quickly.

You'll probably want to do a high-protein diet afterward and maybe some musclebuilding on maintenance to replenish the muscles you just burned up. If you come out of the phase and work hard at it, you'll probably only regain about 1/3 to 1/2 the weight you lost but the gain will be primarily muscle.
  • BigSexy0_0
    BigSexy0_0 Posts: 57
    I did this diet. I lost 14 pounds in 8 days and regained 3.5 after I returned to eating. So overall loss of 10.5 wasn't bad. IMHO it was worth it. I used approx. 2 bags of lemons and 1 bottle of syrup.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    I wouldn't even bother with the cleansing c**p. Drink lots of water if you want to "cleanse" your body, but don't overdue on that either. Personaly, I don't believe any of these things are the least bit helpful and as some have said, they could even be harmful. Forgive me for being a skeptic as well on "Personal Testimonies" ie my friend or his friend or his friends friend did this and lost XX pounds. If you spend XX days vomiting and/or evacuating sure you're going to lose weight.

No offense inenteded to the OP at all, it's just my honest opinion.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    I imagine it would irritate your body and intestines and such. You would probably lose weight, yes, but you're likely to feel crummy all during it, and you wouldn't be getting good nutrition. And most of the weight would probably come back. Lasting weight loss comes from a real diet change, not a short fix. So if you do some sort of cleanse, drop weight, and then go right back into eating junk, it was all pointless.

If you're really into the idea of a cleanse, try juicing or making smoothies instead for a week or two. It wont irritate your insides and you'll be getting much better nutrition from it. And then, after that, you'll have set your tastebuds up for a long term change in diet, since you'll be more used to the taste of eating a lot of fruits and veggies. That would probably be much better for anyone in the long run.

Master Cleanse isn't some miracle concoction that's a lot different from everything else out there. It's just a severely restricted diet... you can lose weight eating nothing but celery all day for a month, but if you don't change your diet for good it'll all come back. Not to mention, only eating celery all day wouldn't be that healthy.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    I did the SWF one time

Single White Female?? Just once?

:laugh:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Just curious. What is it you're trying to cleanse? Your stomach? intestines? colon? bloodstream? And why do people think their body doesn't cleanse itself? Do they not POOP?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    If anyone is interested in doing a "cleanse" I HIGHLY recommend the Reset! I can even hook you up if you'd like! :wink:
    Peddle your crap elsewhere -- not in the forums.
  • alana1966
    alana1966 Posts: 34
    I am 100% certain your doctor will advise against this.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I did the SWF one time

Single White Female?? Just once?
    Salt Water Flush. Kinda like an enema from the inside.

And way more fun than a Bridget Fonda movie.

Thank you! I still think he would have been better off with my definition, and it might've been a more effective weight-loss method.

I concur
  • Hey,

I think the MC is great for detoxification, but not so great for weight loss. I've done it for 5, 7, 14, and 21 days on various occasions. On the cleanse (after day 3) I always feel really fantastic, clear minded, and hydrated! Unfortunately, everyone is right, the weight comes back, no matter how well you ease out. Putting the weight back on at a faster rate is sadly your body's natural way of reacting to drinking nothing but lemon juice for days straight.

Best of luck!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    It's somewhere between useless and harmful.

Think it may depend on the person...
    Wrong. No matter what person does this. It's at best useless as your body cleanses itself. At worst it's harmful.

Plus it always makes me think of Master Shake.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Robin Quivers was all about it last year.
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    I'm allergic to milk so if I want a good cleanse, I just eat something with a trace of dairy.

Cleans me out quickly and effectively. From both ends, usually.

Hahah I hear ya! Lactose intolerance is fun! :sick:
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    I did it last year when I first started dieting to jump give myself a jump start. Itt was hard and I did it for 9 days. I felt pretty good on it and still even exercised. I lost about 14 pounds in those 9 days. I continued afterwards eating healthy and kept all of it off but 1 or 2 pounds back on (water weight) but lost it again because I continued counting calories and exercising. I think it's a good thing to start off a diet or to kick a plateau.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    I know someone that is dong this right now and dropped 20 lbs in two weeks. It took me 3 months to lose that much. Theres an old saying: "Slow and steady win the race". Theres no way I could live a happyy life on a liquid diet. I love food too much. So if I have to wait another 2 months for these next 15 lbs to come off then so be it. I dont want a quick fix. I know as soon as my friend starts eating solids again that weight is gonna come back.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Completely unnecessary.

You have to drink laxative tea, and then do the salt water flush in the morning. YAY screaming poops.

I will give up somethings for weight loss, but not control of my butt :P