Changing tastebuds?

13»

Replies

• kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    One of my coworkers did some kind of 12 days only lemon and syrup fast (I thought it was weird!) and she completely lost her taste in red meat and pizza. I consider that a win!
  • karmah2771
    karmah2771 Posts: 42 Member
    I have found that the "memory" of the foods that I used to eat tasted is much better than the now reality of them. They don't taste the same to me and are thus unappealing.

I have found that raw nuts (like pecans and almonds) now taste "sweet" to me.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Before I started eating clean I used to like these dark chocolate low calorie low fat dessert things and they tasted really chocolatey to me then and now when I have them its like I can taste all of the additives in it and it tastes like chemicals its weird!
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    I also find bad foods like chinese takeaway or anything takeaway feels SUPER heavy and like it just sits in my stomach compared to the foods im used to eating it makes me feel disgusting now!
  • Sveid
    Sveid Posts: 37 Member
    I don't really like steak anymore. Only actual meat (besides raw fish aka sushi) I can stomach is plain baked chicken with a little pepper.
  • Gymboreee
    Gymboreee Posts: 23
    anything with a lot of salt is gross to me now
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    milk. ive always loved a glass of ice cold light milk but now.. i dont know. i can drink it flavoured and i can drink it in things but by itself??? it just tastes odd to me now.
  • paulasue145
    paulasue145 Posts: 157
    the taste of salty and sweet are more extreme. i'm way more sensative to it... don't need near as much and those foods that come salty, like deli meat ...i can't hardly stand. i get low sodium things now.
  • rockinright
    rockinright Posts: 241
    NOPE - I still want it all.