Another Polar FT4 Question

2»

Replies

• derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    Maybe I just have not researched enough about these. In the manual that came with it, it did not say anything about setting up different zones. What are these zones everyone is talking about? I started another thread asking this question and everyone said that "fat burn" zone is just a huge myth. I just want to make sure I am getting the most accurate readings I can, but don't feel I am using my FT4 properly.
  • derek2680
    derek2680 Posts: 48 Member
    I guess I have never taken my HR during lifting. Now, when I say lifting it is more quick lighter weight circuit training. So, I am moving from machine to machine, station to station none stop. So, I feel at times that my heart is pumping more than when I am on the elliptical. So, for that style of lifting it should be effective?
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    I guess I have never taken my HR during lifting. Now, when I say lifting it is more quick lighter weight circuit training. So, I am moving from machine to machine, station to station none stop. So, I feel at times that my heart is pumping more than when I am on the elliptical. So, for that style of lifting it should be effective?

I know a girl on here who lifts and uses her FT4 while lifting. I tell you something when i lift some weight i can feel my pulse working harder then on the running machine.. Just keep at it and maybe look on the polar website for some more advice. I just found out my cheap £5 HRM does work i just have to wait a minute after exercising for it to do an accurate reading