girls with sixpack plans?

Replies

• ddrshine
    ddrshine Posts: 6
    I'm a guy but I want a six pack , Can I join?:)
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    I have the same goal. I am close to goal weight and want to start foucusing in strenght and endurance.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    I would like to get a six pack. One of my main fitness goals is to improve core strength, and a six-pack would be a way to measure that. I've never had a six-pack, and my stomach muscles have always been very weak, so I'm not sure how realistic a goal it is for me, but I'd definitely like to try.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I would like to get a six pack. One of my main fitness goals is to improve core strength, and a six-pack would be a way to measure that. I've never had a six-pack, and my stomach muscles have always been very weak, so I'm not sure how realistic a goal it is for me, but I'd definitely like to try.

1) Mild daily caloric deficit
    2) Cardio-vascular training (preferably HIIT)
    3) Lift heavy weights

Every other option tends to lead to "skinny fat" when you look nice with clothes on but lack the abdominal definition you seek and will continue to have a flabby abdominal area. (There are of course exceptions to the rule who will reply right about now...)

I've always looked fine with clothes on but nothing exciting when naked until the last 3 months where I've really understood what I need to do.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Ah, okay, thanks. I'll give it a try. What is HIIT?
  • darrensurrey
    Ah, okay, thanks. I'll give it a try. What is HIIT?

High Intensity Interval Training. Google it for a better description and reasons why it's better than low intensity, steady state CV work.

I noticed when ever I went back to steady state training, I'd lose some of my leanness. Start HIIT again and within a few weeks, the flabbiness disappears. It may not make much difference in that respect if you're not anywhere near lean but the overall benefits vs steady state CV sell it for me, anyway.

Edit: of course, if you put in 100km a week like a marathon runner, you will get lean and not "skinny fat". I was only putting in 20km a week... and it didn't feel like a struggle either, which is additionally interesting. HIIT always feels like a struggle.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    I'd love to get on board with this. I'm currently on wk 7(.5) of a 12 wk cut to try and get my bf down - i think i'm at about 20%, i do p90x 2x a wk general cardio the other 3 days & strength training all 5 afternoons.

It's made a dramatic impact thus far - i'm not so much focused on just abs, but everytime i flex i feel btr, so i'm stoked to see where it could go from here!! and i'd love to be a part of a group that is constantly focusing on it for added ideas & motivation! :)

my stats:
    Starting weight: 125
    Starting BF%:20 % (ish)
    Height: 5'3
    Goal weight: 115 (not really important tho)
    Goal BF%: 15 % (eventually)
  • darrensurrey
    I'd love to get on board with this. I'm currently on wk 7(.5) of a 12 wk cut to try and get my bf down - i think i'm at about 20%, i do p90x 2x a wk general cardio the other 3 days & strength training all 5 afternoons.

It's made a dramatic impact thus far - i'm not so much focused on just abs, but everytime i flex i feel btr, so i'm stoked to see where it could go from here!! and i'd love to be a part of a group that is constantly focusing on it for added ideas & motivation! :)

my stats:

If you have P90X, then why not do it 100% for the 90 day period? I understand it is really good for this kind of goal. (Of course, any kind of HIIT CV plus weight training is going to be just as good...)
  • karrielynn80

my stats:

If you have P90X, then why not do it 100% for the 90 day period? I understand it is really good for this kind of goal. (Of course, any kind of HIIT CV plus weight training is going to be just as good...)

i don't have it. my gym does. I do the AB Ripper 2x a wk. I might do the whole program at some point but right now what i'm doing is working pretty good & i wouldn't be able to just add it in anywhere with my schedule. I am thinking of trying the Insanity program (my gym also has that) after my 12 wk cut as my am cardio. I've heard really great things about that one, but i'd have to do it in my 30 m am workout - so we'll see...
  • darrensurrey

i don't have it. my gym does. I do the AB Ripper 2x a wk. I might do the whole program at some point but right now what i'm doing is working pretty good & i wouldn't be able to just add it in anywhere with my schedule. I am thinking of trying the Insanity program (my gym also has that) after my 12 wk cut as my am cardio. I've heard really great things about that one, but i'd have to do it in my 30 m am workout - so we'll see...

Oh, I see. That's different.

In any case, if you're not already doing HIIT, I would highly recommend trying to incorporate it into your CV work with emphasis on the "HI". I've found it really makes a massive difference in terms of getting rid of that unsightly fat around my waist (the sort of fat that isn't there when I stand bolt upright but used to appear when I bent over to put on my socks).
  • karrielynn80

Oh, I see. That's different.

In any case, if you're not already doing HIIT, I would highly recommend trying to incorporate it into your CV work with emphasis on the "HI". I've found it really makes a massive difference in terms of getting rid of that unsightly fat around my waist (the sort of fat that isn't there when I stand bolt upright but used to appear when I bent over to put on my socks).

:) i have recently incorporated it into my cardio on the treadmill / eliptical (eliptical on leg days & treadmill on upper body days) - i really love it & love the challenge - it's amazing how little it takes to challenge ur body. i can run miles on the treadmill at a steady pace, but change it up to 1m moderate / 1m all out, and i'm crying like a lil girl by like 5 minutes !! lol.

my schedule has been cooky lately tho & i haven't gotten as much cardio as i'd like, hopefully next wk it'll calm down & i'll be full out with everything again :)
  • darrensurrey

:) i have recently incorporated it into my cardio on the treadmill / eliptical (eliptical on leg days & treadmill on upper body days) - i really love it & love the challenge - it's amazing how little it takes to challenge ur body. i can run miles on the treadmill at a steady pace, but change it up to 1m moderate / 1m all out, and i'm crying like a lil girl by like 5 minutes !! lol.

my schedule has been cooky lately tho & i haven't gotten as much cardio as i'd like, hopefully next wk it'll calm down & i'll be full out with everything again :)

If you don't have so much time, then ramp up the HIIT stuff whether it's going even faster or pushing heavier weights. When your CV system is crying out, you know you're benefiting from it!
  • I'm at 20-21% but still don't have six pack :(. I think in general we have to be somewhere at 17% for us to see a six-pack. Another factor to consider is genetics.

I also looking forward to go down into 16-17% although right now I'm struggling to get there but I don't like to quit.

Feel free to add me if you want :flowerforyou:
  • Yesss!!!! I added you:)
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Count me in too! I've always been in pretty good shape but have never had that definition! I'm stepping up my game and really trying to eat cleaner and workout more. Just started pure barre and am loving it, all the teachers are soooo toned!
  • hi really want a six pack do you guys think its possible before christmas any tips
  • darrensurrey
    hi really want a six pack do you guys think its possible before christmas any tips

Pretty much what I posted above. Yes, you can do it in six months if you're fairly lean but just got a covering of fat. Depends on how much exercise and weights time you're willing to put in plus how religiously you stick to a calorie goal.
  • I'd like to join in on this!! I need some workout buddies to help me find my abs that I've seemed to have misplaced! :P
  • nicolewood415
    nicolewood415 Posts: 29 Member
    I saw this post and got really excited! I've always imagined having amazing abs, but never have really known how to start. Please feel free to friend me! I am open to advice on how to achieve this!