guy question: massages

124»

Replies

• FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Men do have a stronger grip. They have a way of getting deep in to all the crevices.

Yes we do. ;)
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    I've had a few and most the time its not a problem. I did pitch a tent once and that's when the massage went high on the thigh. She just pretended like nothing was going on... as did I. :)

I saw somebody mention preferring men masseurs. I don't know if I prefer them but they do a hella good job. During a couple massage my wife made the appointment and wasn't comfortable with the man giving her one. So I got him by default. :D

One of my best massages though was in Tokyo by an older Blind gentleman. The first part was massage and the second part was acupuncture. Holy **** did I freak out when I opened my eyes and I looked like a porcupine. Other then the brief freak out it was by far the most relaxed I've been in my life.

A blind gentleman did acupuncture! That's amazing! I'm intrigued!

OP: they're professionals, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first, and if it happens hopefully she will take it as a compliment!
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    SO trying to behave....

I'll bite your lip for you that's keeps us both quiet

I think I just experienced the problem the OP asked about.

Kind of experiencing the female version of mr. pokey...
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    I've had a few and most the time its not a problem. I did pitch a tent once and that's when the massage went high on the thigh. She just pretended like nothing was going on... as did I. :)

I saw somebody mention preferring men masseurs. I don't know if I prefer them but they do a hella good job. During a couple massage my wife made the appointment and wasn't comfortable with the man giving her one. So I got him by default. :D

One of my best massages though was in Tokyo by an older Blind gentleman. The first part was massage and the second part was acupuncture. Holy **** did I freak out when I opened my eyes and I looked like a porcupine. Other then the brief freak out it was by far the most relaxed I've been in my life.

A blind gentleman did acupuncture! That's amazing! I'm intrigued!

OP: they're professionals, I'm sure you wouldn't be the first, and if it happens hopefully she will take it as a compliment!

Imagine my surprise when I showed up for my appointment. He really did a fantastic job. He actually mentioned injuries that I'd had years before. "He could just tell." Pretty amazing experience.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,412 Member
    First off, don't call it Mr. Poky. Poky, as you call it, sounds small. May I suggest something grandeur, like Mr. Towers. As far as getting aroused, as long as you aren't in a happy ending parlor, you have no worries.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    I am way to self conscious to get a massage.

1. Body hair - They would probably need to wear gloves or a full body wax ....
    2. I am way to ticklish and sensitive to touch. My wife can nudge me and I am ready to go....

So yeah probably not for me even though I have needed one many times.

You are missing a lot. It's about health and it really does your body a lot of good in terms of getting rid of toxins and realignment. They do not care about your hair or how fat you are or anything else that isn’t related to the job they are doing. A professional will have a firmer, more knowledgeable and more focused touch. You will not feel ticklish at all or uncomfortable about anything. If you do then find another professional. Erectile issues are not taken personally. They come and they go and have nothing to do with anything (don't jerk around trying to make her touch it). If you have any specific problems (back, neck, headaches, one short leg…) let them know when you book the appointment and the receptionist will put you with the best person. If you're really nervous start with a back and neck massage. They do a lot on their own and let you get comfortable with the process.
  • bostongary
    bostongary Posts: 7
    I get massages all the time, use the force and dont let it happen, lol, Actually I used to go every week when I ran and played sports more and now I'm getting back into shape I will go every week to keep my body feeling great.Cost 65.00 hr plus tip around here, you can get for 40.00 but the massages usually suck. Now if it was a really hot chick that would make it tougher but control works.Plus the therapist I use is like 60, That helps too..lol
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    As someone who have been doing professional massage on the side for a number of years, I can tell you that it's going to happen. Mr. Pokey/Mr. Towers (I agree Mr. Towers sounds much grander) will come out when you least expect it. It doesn't matter if you have a male therapist or a female therapist. I have a number of clients that pitch their tents when I'm working on them. A professional therapist is going to look right past it and ignore it. There is nothing to worry about, a massage is one of the best things you can treat yourself to!
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    i'm so glad i don't have to worry about this.
  • shobelitz
    shobelitz Posts: 34
    what about home service? maybe the feeling of being at home will help you feel more relaxed than being in a new environment(i.e. spa)... but i guess it's pricier?
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    From what my friend tells me and she does it for a living, she says it happens, and they expect it to sometimes. If it happens, no big deal. just try to breath and relax, and im sure your man business will follow suit
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    As a barber I never gave body massages, but I gave lots of facial massages, scalp massages, shampoos, the like. And yes, there were times when I could tell Mr. Poky had arrived.

As long as the guy doesn't hit on me, I don't care what Mr. Poky does.

These people are professionals. You seen one, you seen em all.

P.S.
    Sometimes just cutting a guy's hair or shaving his head with a straight razor pitched a tent, too.
    Guys are just sensitive about being touched. No big deal.

Hell im not even a guy, but anytime i get my hair shampooed by someone, massage and mani-padi, i feel like i could pinch a tent as well :wink:
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    SO trying to behave....
    i feel stiff.. do you massage?
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    lol the most relaxing thing in life is a good massage :smile:
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    I am a L.M.T. and never had it happen when giving (thankfully) or getting a massage, but when I was in school the instructors made sure everyone knew it could happen. shouldn't be a big deal if it does, but I don't think it is a huge issue for most men.
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    I had a few massages and not once. But I do think about it and the more I think about it the more my mind gets dirty. But then again I stop thinking :laugh:
  • tokipants
    tokipants Posts: 2 Member
    I am also an LMP, a (cute) female with many male clients. When I was in my first year of practice I was massaging a man's inner thigh while he was face down, when he spontaneously had a sneezing fit and ejaculated at the same time! In this case I politely suggested he find another therapist, mainly because we were both so embarrassed. He was not hitting me at all, or rubbing up on the table or doing anything weird at all. This was a great lesson that sometimes physiological reactions just happen.
    With the current male clients I have, tent-pitching is very rarely an issue, and if it happens I use my inuition as a guide. As long as I'm not getting a creepy, pervy vibe, I understand that it's not personal. As long as your intention is not sexual, a good therapist will have no problem :)