Hottest Geek/Nerd on MFP

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Who dressed up like LULU from FFX for halloween? >this girl< and I play maplestory, on the daily. =)
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    <
    Scored "Dysfunctional Geek" on this test: http://www.innergeek.us/geek-test.html Seems legit!
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    There's a lot of us one vote wonders... :-/

Better you then us 0 vote wonders! :grumble:

I know right! I frakkin write comic books and fantasy novels for crying out loud! And I have a degree in computer programming! Totally not feeling the love.... :grumble:
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    I am Microsoft certified a few times over, own 5 computers, Xbox 360, two blue ray players, WAY too many comic books, comic movies, work as an I.T. admin, know waaaaaaaaaaaay too much about music/comics/movies/tv/media. So there's the geek part

Sexy part, I ride a Zx6, loaded with tattoo's, 6'1", can bench my body weight, have confidence for days, and funny as all hell. Competition, bring it on!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Hmmm...stiff competition here!

I love going to any store like Office Depot and spending tons of time shopping for pens!

I have a post-it note addiction.

I love to read...everyone at work brings me their books...between that and my old school Kindle, I never want for a book.

I research and write for a living.

I collect snowglobes!!!!!

I have an unexplicable fascination with zombies!

I have my undergraduate degree in Chemistry with a minor in math, and my present career and higher degree has nothing to do with it!

That's a beginning at least...
  • Lets see now, Works in IT? Check! Carries at least 2 smart phone type devices 24/7? Check! Plays in multi million dollar data centers? Check! House has a totally custom Wired/Wireless Hybrid Network? Check!

Tries to pretend that he's not a Nerd? Check!!!!!!!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Agreed on that one!

IT Work - Check
    Certifications up the wazoo - Check
    Custom Network in House- Check
    Die hard Trek Fan - Super Check
    DC Universe Fan - Check
    Hardcore Apple fan - Check

Proud to be a geek - Check and Check :)
  • Fit_Canuck
    Lets see now, Works in IT? Check! Carries at least 2 smart phone type devices 24/7? Check! Plays in multi million dollar data centers? Check! House has a totally custom Wired/Wireless Hybrid Network? Check!

Tries to pretend that he's not a Nerd? Check!!!!!!!

Very similar, my playground is a data center and I carry way too many cell phones and pagers for it to be healthy!
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Dammit... I want a vote for me!

I've been playing D&D since I was 8
    First video game played was Zork
    I've read WoT, LOTR, Hitchhiker, Magic of Recluce, and hundreds if not thousands of other geek books.
    I've been building computers since I was 12
    I collect comics (yes I know who Jack Kirby is)
    I have a "boomstick" tattoo, a hello kitty tattoo, and a girl wearing an NES as a bikini as a tattoo...

:-P

I vote for you because I love hello kitty!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member

I've read WoT, LOTR, Hitchhiker, Magic of Recluce, and hundreds if not thousands of other geek books.
    I have a "boomstick" tattoo, a hello kitty tattoo, and a girl wearing an NES as a bikini as a tattoo...

I vote for you because I love hello kitty!

LOL my first tattoo was the poison mushroom from the original mario bros =)
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member

I'll give you a vote if you can tell me what the Kirby crackle is. :tongue:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    hmm... do I count?

Got my first computer at age 8 - commodore 64 with a slick dot matrix printer. Spent hours programming the looping messages.
    Was the first kid in class to hand in her book report using said dot matrix printer (grade 7 - 400 page fantasy novel).

Took dual honors diploma in highschool - AP Math, English, and Advertising Art

Got my BSc - Math (Advanced Calculus) and Computer Programming. (I used to dream code)

Worked for 6 years testing financial planning software; 4 years calculating ACB values for a financial planning firm, and am now doing IT Consulting as a QA Consultant - test lead.

I am obsessed with spreadsheets - use em for finances, running logs, journals, and MASSIVE test objective spreadsheets.
    Also used it to design and price out our deck.

I have both my blackberry and itouch on me at all times, and have chargers everywhere (including one in my purse)...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE grant me geek status!!!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    <
    check this girl's nerd stats...

1) Teaches poetry and literary analysis to middle school students

2) Enters Pokémon VG tournaments (and has a Victini tattoo)

3) Owns a vast collection of Legos

4) Has NEVER had a FB page :noway:

5) Thinks Jeff Corwin and Stephen Colbert are freaking AWESOME!

6) Cannot shoot a basket to save her life (unless it's with a gun:bigsmile:)

7) Took a J.R.R. Tolkien course in college.

8) Believes that Mario Kart, 9-ball, and Texas Hold 'Em are "sports"

9) Thinks Halloween is the best holiday ever created!!

Can very much related to most of this!!! Yes the Geek/Nerd community is very well represented in this thread.

Does that mean I get your vote?? :huh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    So many geeks, so little time!
    6ef4c22b_x50.gif
  • Fit_Canuck
    Oh this thread is still alive!!! Awesome
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    My nominee for female is Codergal. Woot!

omg yay I'm awesome :D Thanks
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    I am Microsoft certified a few times over, own 5 computers, Xbox 360, two blue ray players, WAY too many comic books, comic movies, work as an I.T. admin, know waaaaaaaaaaaay too much about music/comics/movies/tv/media. So there's the geek part

Sexy part, I ride a Zx6, loaded with tattoo's, 6'1", can bench my body weight, have confidence for days, and funny as all hell. Competition, bring it on!

Uh. Did you by any chance clone yourself? Because I think I married him. :noway: :flowerforyou:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    I wrote about 25 chapters of a Harry Potter fanfiction novel while I was homeschooled, and posted it on an online community. Is anyone nerdier than THAT?
  • turbofuzz77
    turbofuzz77 Posts: 98 Member
    Me
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I don't know about hot, but I am most DEFINITELY a nerd. And not like these gamer chicks, I'm a study bug science geek. As you can probably tell from my blog.