Low Cal. Cupcakes

Replies

• so you add no eggs or anything???just pop??? I cannot wait to try!!!
  • I forget what brand makes it (could be a local brand, I can't remember for the life of me!:ohwell: ) but I saw "Diet Double Chocolate Fudge" soda today. Normally, I'd say YUCK :noway: but I can't wait to try that with chocolate cup cakes and the German Chocolate pudding mix with Cool Whip Free as the frosting :love:

I bet it's Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge soda you saw. My boyfriend LOVES that soda for some reason.
  • so you add no eggs or anything???just pop??? I cannot wait to try!!!

i added 2 egg whites to make them fluffy......
  • i noticed that a lot of people used flavored diet sodas like cherry or lemon lime. Does that make the cake taste similar to that flavor or the cake flavor.

you don't really taste the pop.....although the first time i ate one, i could really tell there was pop in there...but i let them sit over night and was then able to eat one...hubby can't stop eating them so they must have been good lol
  • jwhitley
    jwhitley Posts: 1 Member
    That is an awesome idea!!! I will definitely try these!!
  • Wow I will have to try these .. thanks for the idea!!!
  • yea use splenda in your regular icing recipe tastes like powdered sugar
  • I'm definately going to try this!
  • I used to make these all the time and they are super fluffy and delish! I think I made them with Diet Rite once and didn't care as much for them as with DCoke or DPepsi. I had forgotten all about these easy treats- thanks!
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Guess what I'm trying tomorrow? Yep, gotta do it, my mouth is watering.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    I want to make this for my sister's birthday tomorrow... however I am worried about the artifical sweetners in diet soda, esp since my 5 yo niece will be eating this cake as well... I mean it IS her Mommy's BIRTHDAY!!! So I went online to try to find a natural soda...
    This is what I found....
    http://www.zevia.com/

So I think I will try this reciepe with this soda, and see how it turns out... I'm thinking the Black Cherry with a devils food cake... Not sure on the icing just yet... maybe just some powdered sugar... or I'll go sans icing....

has anyone tried this soda? I know Jorge Cruise of the belly fat cure suggests it.....

Thanks!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    I made these last night with a reduced sugar brownie mix and caffeine free diet pepsi... YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!! my only prob was that if i let them cool before taking them out of the cupcake wrappers (easier to do portion control in cupcake tin) then they really stuck to the wrapper. I meant to use cake mix but grabbed the brownie mix by accident. Very gooey and very yummy. Next time I will save a little of the dry mix and sprinkle in the wrappers first and then add the batter. might help with the sticking.:bigsmile:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    I made a yellow cake with the orange flavored zevia! Delicious, I did have the same problem where the cake stuck to the wrapper. I heard you can add an egg white or two to help with the fluffy part, I wonder if this would help them not stick as well?

For frosting I took abotu 1 T fresh squeezed orange juice w/ 23 g of powdered sugar, came to about 4 cals per cup cake and 1 g sugar

rlsluvr- you could easily use cherry juice w/ powdered sugar (it's more of a glaze) but it'll help excentuate the flavors in the cake, I noticed w/ mine there wasn't a whole lot of orange flavor, if I make them again I'll be adding orange zest to the mix.
  • These are really great cupcakes, Thanks to all that have shared their idea on how to make them.
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    I just made the reduced sugar chocolate with diet coke in cupcakes. . . . . . not sure if I like them???? I did add some fat free cool whip to the last two bites and I liked them much better. They were however very moist.

Think maybe I should try the yellow mix with sprite zero instead?
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i completely forgot about this! i used to make this as a kid :) i have to make this sometime next week :) thanks for the post
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump...look at cupcakes go!
    Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump...OH how I will crow!
    (over the non dieters!)
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    I just put some brownie mix and Coke 0 in the oven. Its realy really RUNNY! I hope they turn out
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Im definately going to try this recipe with the Cola flavored & chocolate mix & share it with my peeps:laugh: :laugh:

My teenagers would also love the short cut as apposed to the traditional way which takes a little longer.

Thank you, Thank you...I promise I won't try them this weekend while I'm all alone with the kitchen to myself because who would know if I ate all of them:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I sometimes bake and then bring the yummy left overs to the neighbor (older man who lives alone, never gets family visits, getting very thin :frown:) which is a win win! He could use some attention and some extra calories! My kids love to knock on his door because he is always so happy to see a friendly face.
    Do you have anyone who could use a good cheer up in your life? Eat one or two then give the rest away. You will feel really great after. Not only for spreading the love but also for NOT eating all the sweets!