What would you say to your 18yr old self...

Replies

• HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Never mind what I would say to my 18 y.o. self, if the girl I was at 18 met the woman I've become today, she'd beat the *kitten* outta me just on principle.

I gotta make sure I'm not too soft to take her in case she comes around.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Heh. Get away from the computer and Nintendo, and go to the ****ing gym a few times a week. Lay off the deep-fried jalapeno poppers and burgers from the cafe in the basement of the dorm, and learn to prepare better food.

(When I turned 18 I was starting my freshman year of college, physical activity was practically zero other than walking between classes, and most of my meals involved going downstairs for the convenient crap they cooked there. I'm 31 and over 300lbs now, and only just starting to learn how to cook good food instead of microwaving processed junk.)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    "Get out of England. Now."
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    I don't think I'd tell 18 year old me anything. I'm happier than I've ever been in my life, and every decision, stupid thing, and mistake that I made brought me here.

So, yeah, 18 year old me- just do what you do. You'll be just fine.

This!!! No regrets!!!! :D
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Don't bother with dating in college, they're all *kitten*. Start working out your freshman year so you don't gain 60 pounds by the time you hit the end of your Junior year. Keep your cool at your first job out of college so you don't get fired even though it's your first offense. Don't bother getting your learner's permit until after you finish college, you won't be able to afford a car before then anyway. Most importantly, stop letting other people determine what you're worth! You are so pretty. :)
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    I would tell myself to take better care of my body and love it more. Exercise and eat healthier.

I would say to spend more time with Grandma even though she can't remember who you are because you will miss her so much when she is gone.

Stay in college no matter how hard or exhausting it is.

Take every vacation opportunity because you are going to have a blast and have so many great memories! I loved them all!

Be proud of who you are! You are a great person and friend!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Six numbers.

And avoid anybody named Angelique.
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    "stop taking wasted bathroom pictures with your friends. youre not cool"
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    This was to 17-year-old me, but it's the same idea

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kaetmarie/view/dear-17-year-old-me-158156
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    I would say --

"Little Debbie snacks are not meals"

"Join the fricken service!"

"buy stock in Google, Microsoft, and Apple"
  • goal2B140
    goal2B140 Posts: 18 Member
    I would say to my 18 yr old self...

-Being 150 pounds in 12th grade does NOT mean your fat
    -Invest in stocks
    -go to college, don't wait 10 years
    -See the world, its harder once you have kids
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    "he clearly doesn't love you as much as he made out, stop whining and get on with life. next year you will be so excited about your future you won't even remember his name! don't convince your mum to get a puppy because you still want all of your shoes. work hard on your a-levels; ignore everyone who says uni is a bad idea. you worked for it so go get it. stop eating so much you fat *kitten*, how about a run every now and then? don't dye your hair red, within a month you will have pink hair and end up dying it back brown. finally, love every minute and love yourself, if you don't nobody else will!"

ok so i'm only 19 but it was a stressful year last year. :p
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    god**** youre ****ing hot as ****
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    I would say

Eat better and exercise

sunscreen!

Stay in school

Tats are 4-ever..choose wisely.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Be a better friend and don't change who you are for anyone else!
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Save your money. Finish college now...not later! Don't move to NYC in 4 years!
  • tinacrane
    tinacrane Posts: 134 Member
    Get ready for a grand, wild ride of a life! Expect crisis and embrace joy: you are doing great! Your life is about to change in an blink of an eye in ways you never imagined! You will learn to thrive and grow through the changes and struggles- hang on-it's so worth it :)
  • jesscod
    jesscod Posts: 98
    I would tell myself:

Don't worry about not getting into a uni straight from college- you will save more money this way, given that the housing bubble will burst and the economy will take a dive for the worst. You're going to get into Berkeley, so long as you study your *kitten* off.

Don't start smoking weed regularly - it'll kill your motivation, make you pig out, and cause you to operate at a less than skilled level.

Your "friends" are *kitten* - so listen to your dad and drop them immediately. Respect and love yourself for your decision.

Turn your anger and sadness outward and create art again - you love it!

Stop smoking weed dammit!
  • Miaren
    Miaren Posts: 7
    Put the burger down...
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    OMG, where do I start?

Stop thinking that you are fat at 105lbs just because your sister that is 2 yrs younger is smaller than you

Do not have Mt. Dew, a Snickers, and a mini bag of Doritos's everyday for lunch (you will not stay skinny forever that way)

Don't stop exercising after school (this just makes you lazy)

Go to college, DO NOT wait a year because you just never go

Live a little, so some things and have fun

Do not marry husband #1 or husband #2, this just leads you to depression, abuse and out of control eating.

Watch your credit, this will only cause you problems later (more eating)

........and much more I am sure!