RUNNERS/Joggers/Walkers what do you USE?!

124»

Replies

• Digifit! It's awesome!! Check it out
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    I use Endomondo. Very reliable, lots of statistics and totally free.

I use Endomondo, but it is not always 100% reliable or accurate. I've had times where I was walking pretty slow and within 6 mins it told me I had walked a mile in 6 mins. Um.. not possible because I can't RUN a mile in 6 mins. If I could, daaaaaaaaamn!! It also doesn't always pick up satellites or drops. I still use it and pray it'll continue to work, but don't always trust it.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    I use Nike +. The app on my iPhone hasn't been syncing lately, but I have it on my iPod and sync it through iTunes. I don't really care about tracking my course, so it works for what I need: milage, pace, time, and estimated calories burned.

Hopefully with the Nike + website update coming out soon, that the app on my iPhone will work again.

I use Nike + with my iPod - I have a chest strap HRM and a receiver thingy that I lace through my running shoe laces that syncs up and tells me my heart rate, time, miles, pace, calories burned etc
  • cjmas
    cjmas Posts: 63
    gmap-pedometer.com when I'm done. You can include elevation and whatnot, too.
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    I use the MapMyRun app and I love it - but I noticed a few people have said it's not accurate or reliable - I'm just wondering why?

sometimes i'll look down and it'll say i went a mile in a minute...clearly its the signals getting messed up, but on longer runs it can screw me up! my last run it shut down on me a half mile in and i did not notice:(
  • heatherrose9
    heatherrose9 Posts: 122 Member
    that could be my crappy blackberry though...
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    I wear a HRM and use my Nike + Sportband- I also use mapmyrun, and coolrunning.,com
  • Another tally for Garmin 405cx...Wife and I both use them....Amazing...Love the garmin connect and being able to splice the run and see every little detail!
  • theresmynapkin
    theresmynapkin Posts: 183 Member
    I googlemap my run prior to doing it... no fancy stuff for me :) although I prolly should download a running app, I'm just too lazy
  • ptg_
    ptg_ Posts: 15
    I use the Nike+ on my iPod nano.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Both endomondo and run keeper are great, but neither work with my heart rate monitor, so I paid a couple of pounds for ismoothrun, which I absolutely love and it exports to run keeper and some other apps.
    ETA: if there's no GPS it uses the accelerometer on the phone, so you can even use it indoors if you like.

this looks great.how annoying that there's no android version.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    I use Endomondo with my Polar FT4 - it's pretty accurate for the most part!
  • Endomondo, it's close enough.
  • I like MapMyRun, but I use RunKeeper generally. Love it, and it's free, too!
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Endomondo for me :)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Garmin 305 with SportTracks 3.1 to build maps and logs
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Both endomondo and run keeper are great, but neither work with my heart rate monitor, so I paid a couple of pounds for ismoothrun, which I absolutely love and it exports to run keeper and some other apps.
    ETA: if there's no GPS it uses the accelerometer on the phone, so you can even use it indoors if you like.

this looks great.how annoying that there's no android version.

That's frustrating - Let's hope they're working on one, because it is a really useful app!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    It seems not - i did a google. They're apparently a really small firm and want to focus on getting the i-version right. Sensible for them. Bummer for me. :-)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    Garmin Forerunner 405. GPS, HRM and timer all rolled into one.
  • vasogoma
    vasogoma Posts: 53 Member
    I haven't been able to calibrate my nike+ ipod sensor, but until I understand how to do so I am only using a Polar HRM F6 and I love it! :)